[BETA]Cyanogen!! Landed!!! :) Go get it![Updated 7/12/2011]

Last Updated: 2011-10-17 02:20:34
  1. jmoney1353

jmoney1353 Active Member

oh man i'm sooooo close to flashing it but i just can't bring myself to do it... i have spent so long getting my phone working the way I want... so i guess i'll be waiting until all the bugs are worked out and i can use it everyday.

edit:
    you know what F it... i'm going all in. are we using droid 2 bootstrap to run the google apps zip?

Advertisement
  2. Xelios

Xelios Well-Known Member

Yup, D2 Bootstrap.

After you install the ROM you don't need to reinstall the app though. Pressing the power button will give you the reboot menu, then you go into recovery.
  3. Kaleb Randleaxe

Kaleb Randleaxe Well-Known Member

Ya know, I probably rebuild my phone's set-up once a week with all the flashing I do. And honestly, each clean slate feels really nice. Sure, it takes me about an hour to get everything back to how I like it (I've got the sequence of rebuilding down pat), but it sort of forces me to keep up with how I REALLY want my phone. Aka, when I go to reinstall my apps, I can weed out those ones I don't reeaaallllly need or use.

That being said, SBF'd back to Froyo and upgraded... and I'm amazed. Only problem I've seen so far is the camera, as stated. Aside from that, this is awesome. It's BLAZING fast, and the customization and other features of CM7 are blowing me away.
  4. Android_LIFE

Android_LIFE Well-Known Member

CM4DX IS EPIC.
    No ifs, ands, or buts...
    The CM7 OS is so fast, you won't believe it. You just won't.
    Say good bye to the bloated shackles of VZW and Moto's Blur.
    This is a night to remember.
    Its a shame cvpcs had to dedicate 10+ months of his life just because Motorola had to encrypt the bootloader...

This just goes to show, quitters never win.
    Many thanks to cvpcs for hanging in there.

For CM4DX being a beta, its actually very stable. A pleasant surprise indeed :D
    I can live without a working camera for now, I have a 2nd DroidX.

I am absolutely loving CM4DX.
    jroc likes this.
  5. novemberwhiskey

novemberwhiskey Well-Known Member

Did anyone get the all in one file to flash correctly? while updating the Radio, I keep getting:

"assert failed: motorola.update_cdma_bp("/tmp/rdl.bin","/tmp/bp.img")
    E: Error in /sdcard/Monster-CM7_ALL1.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted
  6. Metroidman

Metroidman Well-Known Member

It is very nice but there are bugs that I will need worked out. I had it installed and ran it for a few hours but I'm going back to liberty 0.7 for now until this is less Betaish.
  7. Xelios

Xelios Well-Known Member

I was following the thread on rootzwiki on this, and a lot of people are saying the installation aborted on them too.

Like this one: [ROM][BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X - Page 11

Seems like a common problem. A couple guys said they rebooted anyway and it still managed to work for them.
  8. novemberwhiskey

NM. Just reboot once you get that error.

Apparently, there is one forum post that is incomplete and doesn't mention the Monster.zip file that needs to be flashed after you flash the first All-in-one file.

So when it fails on radio, you reboot the system. You will be able to get to your homescreen and operate many things normally.
  9. novemberwhiskey

10. novemberwhiskey

Anyone notice the yellow keys/dim keys on CM7?

Is there a setting I am missing, or is this on purpose?
  11. novemberwhiskey

After flashing both CM7 files, it takes me to phone activation, which is impossible because no keypad pops up and I cannot "press 1" to activate the phone.

Any ideas?
  12. novemberwhiskey

hmm, Maybe i figured it out. I held down the menu button, which popped up my keyboard.

then I hit the 123 key, and pressed 1, which worked.
  13. z0mb13m4n

z0mb13m4n Well-Known Member

Yeah, after reading through all the posts on rootzwiki, pressing the menu button to bring up the keyboard, then hitting 1, seems to be the way to do it
  14. novemberwhiskey

It says "network not configured..." when trying to set up GV for the first time.

Is it a CM7 bug?
  15. z0mb13m4n

Did you flash the gapps package zip? That may help
  16. novemberwhiskey

yes, i flashed it prior to installing gvoice. still can't set it up where you dial that number.
  17. keegan1014

keegan1014 Well-Known Member

The monster files should sbf and flash it for me correct?
  18. Rockaholic

Rockaholic Well-Known Member

Anyone got an MD5 sum for the all in one?
  19. z0mb13m4n

hmm, I'm guessing its a bug then. I haven't read of any fix for it yet. Sorry couldn't help
  20. z0mb13m4n

this is for the "MONSTER" file

MD5SUM: 7fd70a065632ddc4c341a32b19768971
  21. z0mb13m4n

As far as I'm aware, yes. I haven't tried it yet.
  22. z0mb13m4n

After the bright lights of Gingerbread, yes, these are very dim in comparison.
  23. novemberwhiskey

Cannot get a lock in maps or yelp?
  24. novemberwhiskey

it's not going to SBF for you.

Follow the instructions in the link above.
  25. z0mb13m4n

"and can be installed regardless of what version of moto's kernel you are running (be it .340 or .596 or whathaveyou)."

Seems as though that yes, it will SBF you. think of it as a maderstock.