Beta/Manually Installed ApplicationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have a general question about manually installed applications, and more specifically, beta applications.

If you manually install a beta version of an application, can you install later release versions for that application as updates from the market? Or do you have to uninstall the beta version, then install the market version? I realize that you don't get update notifications, but I'm not concerned about that. I check the market regularly.

The reason I ask is I would prefer to not have to configure applications twice (specifically Touchdown).

Advertisement
  2. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

As with all betas, you should uninstall, reboot, and then install the release version once beta goes gold. All settings would be wiped out or should be. As for TD, have you tried the Market version yet? The beta version is for folks having issues with the release. After the beta is over, if you have Market, you will get the update. At least try the 5 day trial, it's easy to remove and if it's only one account it's not that time consuming.

Asterdroid likes this.