Beta-testers of manga-reader needed (Android 2.1).

Last Updated:

1. Alxandr

Alxandr Member This Topic's Starter

I've created a manga-reader application for Android 2.1 and I'm currently looking for betatesters who will receive the application for free and report errors and suggestions back to me.

I preffer people with real handsets (not just running emulators) to get a good idea of how the application runns in real life.

Also, it would be prefferable, but not nececarily nececary for the beta-testers to actually have a good interest in japanese manga (scanlated to english of cause).

If you are interested pleas reply here and I'll PM you with more details.

Advertisement
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

I may be interested if I knew more of what it was to do

3. Alxandr

I've sent you a PM with details.

4. Ordieth

Ordieth Member

I am interested.

5. Alxandr

I've sent you a PM with more details. I'm currently working on fixing a but I found last night, and when I'm done (shouldn't take me more than an hour or two) I'll upload apk and pm you the url.

6. mobil3gen

mobil3gen Well-Known Member

interested

7. Alxandr

PM sent.

8. Alxandr

I still could use 2 or 3 more beta-testers.

9. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

What's manga?

10. Alxandr

Japanese comics (translated to english of cause). If you're interested in knowing more check out onemanga.com. I recomand 'Mahou Sensei Negima', '1/2 Prince', 'Bleach' and 'Naruto'.

11. Yenzehn

Yenzehn Well-Known Member

I am interested.

Although I am wondering what advantage over Droid Comic Viewer you are planning to have?

12. Alxandr

I've sent you a PM with details. First of all I've tried to make a better image-viewer. Also, I've implemented a service that downloads chapters in the background (although rendering the device a bit slow during the process, but you can still read onther mangas). I havn't used DCV that much, so I can't say much about what features it has that I don't and visa verca, however I just thought that I'dd like a better displaying of the images, so I created my own.

13. wilson.chris13@yahoo.com

wilson.chris13@yahoo.com New Member

Id be interested. I hope it has bleach and naruto

14. Zapatillo

Zapatillo Member

It would be awsome to beta test your manga reader. There is some out there already, but I fond them lacking stuff or not working at all :S

Reading bleach, naruto, FMA, +++

15. Alxandr

Sorry, I've been kinda buissy lately (exams comming up in 3 days), so I havn't been able to check this thead... Anyway, sending you a pm right away.

16. Animals!

Animals! New Member

I'm currently an iPhone user but will be making the android switch either tomorrow or Friday. Depending on if I get an evo or incredible. There's a jb app called kiwicomics and now I only read manga using the app so since I'm leving I would love to beta test. I just hope I can read bleach and claymore.

17. aggieandroid84

aggieandroid84 Active Member

I'm very interested but will not have my phone till Saturday. I'm anticipating that might be longer than what you want to wait. I am really into Naruto, Bleach and am interested in exploring more. Regardless if I can help it would be great to have more viewers and options in the marketplace for such apps.

18. Ares_EMS

Ares_EMS Active Member

I don't have a phone yet, but I'll probably be getting an EVO or Incredible very soon. Being a scanlator myself (with EMS Team), I'm interested in seeing how this works :)

19. Railz

Railz Well-Known Member

I've tried using Manga Droid but hate the way it lays out the comics. I'm interested

20. Alxandr

I too used to use kiwicomics, and that is why I made this application (I didn't find an application that was suficient enough for android). Bleach is no problem, but because onemanga has moved claymore from onemanga.com -> 1000manga.com it is currently unavailible (I'm currently working on that, but due to exams it might be a while).

No problem. As of now, developement is at a standstill because of my exams anyway.

That's pretty cool, but as stated comics that have been moved by onemanga.com -> 1000manga.com currently do not work (I don't know if any of the comics from EMS is moved, I'm sorry, but I'm bad at names and don't remember which series is scanlated by which group :p).

The drawing of the comic is the thing I've been working the most to get to work perfectly. As of now my application supports panning an zooming an image (without reloading it or using any menues, but simply gestures). Pinch-zoom however is not finnished (working on it).

To all:

If you could all just send me an email at alxandr+andforum <at> alxandr <dot> me (including your name) I will send you an email including more information and details as of how to get the application and how to report buggs.

Hope to hear from you all!