Beta-testing: someecards for Android 2.x

1. evaneus

evaneus Member

Hello,
    someecards is a popular e-card site: Free Ecards, Funny Ecards, Greeting Cards, Birthday Ecards, Birthday Cards, Valentine's Day Ecards, Flirting Ecards, Dating Ecards, Friendship Ecards, Wedding Ecards, Anniversary Ecards and more at someecards.com

The app allows you to browse and search the ecards, and then you can share them with MMS, email, Facebook or Twitter (note the Twitter share only works if you have a twitter client installed, we'll be updating this before final release)

There's been an iPhone app available for a while, but we're getting ready to release an Android version. We'd like to get some users using the beta in case there are an device-specific bugs that we may have missed.

You can download it by entering URL below in your phone's browser, or scanning the QR code with a barcode scanner.

This beta is being release AS-IS, please read the FULL message and disclaimer below before installing.

Thanks, and have fun!!

http://bit.ly/qx73mG

[​IMG]

Some notes on install:
    The installer will ask you to trust unknown sources as you are downloading ann app from outside the Market. If you're not comfortable with this please don't download.

The installer asks for some scary-sounding permissions like reading your log files. These are solely used by a crash-reporting mechanism. If the app encounters a bug while you are running it it will send us a crash report automatically. This will send us information about what was happening while the crash happened. We won't use this information for anything other than trying to fix bugs, but if you're not comfortable with these permissions please don't install.

You can disable the crash report uploading by selecting the option under the options menu for the application.

Also under the options menu there is a field for an email address. It would be helpful for us to have this in case there's a strange bug that we don't understand, so we can contact you, but it's optional.

Some legalese....

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Fakhreddine

Fakhreddine New Member

I only registered to thank YOU for this this application personally!
    I appreciate it very much! And it rocks. So thanks!
  3. batman99

batman99 New Member

I get a 404 error!!

I was reallllly looking forward to trying it out!
  4. delle928

delle928 New Member

What happened to the app?? I had installed it on my phone from this site a while back and ended up deleting it due to some space issues, but wanted to re-install it. Now it's gone! :'( Any chance it will be released in the Market soon or maybe the link will work again?? PLEASE?? :)