• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Betrayed the dinc 4g

oholdeno

Apr 9, 2012
I bought the dinc4g on the morning of release day. A couple of days ago, I went back to Verizon and exchanged the dinc4g for a white samsung gs3. I could not be happier.

Paid only the $35 restocking fee, since I paid the exorbitant $200 price tag before rebate. If I had gotten the $20 letstalk deal, I may have thought twice.

I suppose at some point, coming from the original Incredible, I felt that I had waited nearly 2 years to upgrade to basically what was the same exact phone, but with 4g capabilities. So I went for something new.

The biggest thing I miss are the HTC sense widgets, and am scrambling to find replacements but with little luck.

And the one thing I regret the most now is not trying harder to save my unlimited data plan.

Good luck guys

I bought the dinc4g on the morning of release day. A couple of days ago, I went back to Verizon and exchanged the dinc4g for a white samsung gs3. I could not be happier.

Paid only the $35 restocking fee, since I paid the exorbitant $200 price tag before rebate. If I had gotten the $20 letstalk deal, I may have thought twice.

I suppose at some point, coming from the original Incredible, I felt that I had waited nearly 2 years to upgrade to basically what was the same exact phone, but with 4g capabilities. So I went for something new.

The biggest thing I miss are the HTC sense widgets, and am scrambling to find replacements but with little luck.

And the one thing I regret the most now is not trying harder to save my unlimited data plan.

Good luck guys

In the end all that matters is your happy with what you got... I can honestly say, the more time that goes by the more I really don't care if I get the Inc 4G. I actually just put a bid on an Org Inc on Ebay. I have the Inc 2 but want an Org Inc back. The 4G would really be my main point to upgrade, but for the very little web surfing I do on my phone, I don't think it is worth $400 + to get it. Still Debating...

Upvote 0
I suppose at some point, coming from the original Incredible, I felt that I had waited nearly 2 years to upgrade to basically what was the same exact phone, but with 4g capabilities.

To me it was implied with this statement. I'm glad your happy with your choice I'm just saying that the new INC is nothing like the original in my opinion.

Reactions: Brent372
Upvote 0
When I am on computer tomorrow I will show you how much you canke your homescreen look like Sense. Total cost would be about $5.00. I ha e 2 phones. One Rezound and one Moto Atrix 4G. At a quick glace to the untrained eye, you would think they both were running Sense. Of course it only goes as deep as the home screen visualations though.
I will follow up tomorrow with screen shots and all the details.

Upvote 0
When I am on computer tomorrow I will show you how much you canke your homescreen look like Sense. Total cost would be about $5.00. I ha e 2 phones. One Rezound and one Moto Atrix 4G. At a quick glace to the untrained eye, you would think they both were running Sense. Of course it only goes as deep as the home screen visualations though.
I will follow up tomorrow with screen shots and all the details.

As promised.
See attached photo.

This was accomplished using:

ADW Launcher EX (for main launcher)
ADWTheme Theme for Sense (theme for main launcher)
Android Pro Widgets (gives you several HTC-style widgets)
DIGI Clock Widget (for lock screen)
Fancy Widgets (for weather clock - full paid version)
Sense ADW Theme (theme for main launcher)
Smooth Calendar (not shown - 1x4 calendar widget)
WidgetLocker Lockscreen (for lock screen - full paid version)

Attachments

• 599971_3890348870909_2033745516_n.jpg
    599971_3890348870909_2033745516_n.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones