• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Better Audio on YouTube?

Shane2943

Jun 17, 2011
Katy, TX
Sup peeps.

So, I like to peruse YouTube for music and such and find the audio quality on the YouTube android app lacking. Songs that would sound great on my laptop sound compressed and muddy on the phone like a 128kbps or lower MP3.

I do have the videos playing in HQ on the youtube app. It seems like even though I have the videos playing in HQ, the app is still playing a lower quality stream. :thinking:

I'd LOVE to have the same audio quality in the app as I do on the full website on a PC.

And no, I don't want to have to download the videos first. Just play them and listen to them.

Thanks in advance!

I hate the YouTube app with a passion. I usually only use it when I'm going to listen to a song real quickly because I can easily open the app and search.

Other than that, I use Dolphin Browser and go to YouTube from there. It has the HQ button and the quality sound looks and sounds great.

I'm actually the leader of a Call of Duty Clan and we post YouTube videos, so stuff like quality and sound mean alot to us, and alot to me since I'm using my phone daily for YouTube.

Reactions: Shane2943
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones