Better battery with new phone....

Last Updated:

1. seigex

seigex Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Insignificant, but figured I'd report it, I got my replacement phone yesterday... HW Ver 003 ... battery on my old launch day hw ver 002 off the charger at 8am and dead by 4 with an hour charge in the middle (if not more) ....

With my new phone I'm at 46% remaining with 11.5 hours off the charger:

Cell standby 34%
    Phone idle 34%
    Android System 13%
    Voice calls 13%
    Display 4%
    Bump 2%

I have data on, gps on, and am using ADW Launcher (although I had that on with old phone and got crappy battery life)

Made several phone calls, moderate internet usage and text messages, about average for me during the work day...

Only thing I did different is when I got my phone, I immediately charged it (on the wall) and left it there all night before I used it for anything.. Doubt its significant but thats the only difference so aside from that its hardware...

Keep in mind on the old phone, I had tried every trick in the book and the only time I broke 8 hours on a full charge was when my service was turned off for non payment for a few days... my battery life went up like crazy due to no data connection .. so I have a feeling (based solely on my experiences) that the crappy battery has something to do with the 3G radios.. purely speculation but it fits with my situation...but doesn't rule out of it was a bad battery since I didn't test any other batteries either...

*shrug*

EDIT: based on what other posts said regarding apps in the background and the CDMA PRL (auto) fix.. I had a stock phone with very few apps and nothing extra running in the background and had the same battery life, and the CDMA auto thing did not help at all even doing it every reboot

Advertisement
  2. S4A

S4A Active Member

In addition to task killers, PRL, firmware and System updates, turning social networks off try to experiment with one more thing

Switch Background tasks off (temporally at least. Do updates of your emails, weather etc manually ),

Tell what you'll get.

For exact assessment instead of perceptions which are not always a reality, measure battery drainage in % of battery capacity per hour of usage (use numbers instead of bars. For that say in Voice dialer "Open Batter Info")

I've got with such tuneup 0.7%/hour drainage. 3 days minimum.

Then you can switch it back and adjust freq of background updates (your accounts, emails etc)

3. S4A

S4A Active Member

In addition to task killers, PRL, firmware and System updates, turning social networks off try to experiment with one more thing

Switch Background tasks off (temporally at least. Do updates of your emails, weather etc manually ),

Tell what you'll get.

For exact assessment instead of perceptions which are not always a reality, measure battery drainage in % of battery capacity per hour of usage (use numbers instead of bars. For that say in Voice dialer "Open Batter Info")

I've got with such tuneup 0.7%/hour drainage. 3-4 days minimum

Then you can switch all back and adjust the frequency of background updates (your accounts, emails etc)