Better battery?Tips

1. Winfried

Winfried Well-Known Member

Hello

I'm running the latest ICS 4.1.1 JRO03C.I9250XWLH2.

According to the label, the original battery is 3.7V li-ion and delivers 6,48Wh.

I have a couple of questions:

1. How come it says "6,48Wh" instead of using the Ah (ampers hours) batteries normally use?

2. Are there bigger, quality batteries available, so that the Nexus can last more than a day even with very little use and set to 2G the rest of the time?

3. The article "Why the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Devours Its Battery" says: "One easy way to extend the battery is to turn off the phone

Advertisement
    :
  2. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

3. Turn off GPS and uncheck app/Google access to your location.
  3. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Data, Google now, bluetooth, GPS and location, etc... all eat up your battery.

Turn off location, gps, google now and use wifi whenever possible. You should easily get a full day.

If my phone is idle with me picking it up once every 30 minutes or so, my battery will still be around 70% at the end of the day.
  4. quickaudi

Oh, and shouldn't you be on JB by now?
  5. Winfried

Thanks for the infos.

In Settings > Apps, I didn't find how to stop sharing location infos with Google. Where is it?

Jelly Bean: I'm up-to-date firmware-wise. Isn't 4.1.1 the same as Jelly Bean? I'd rather stick with the standard firmware.

So there's no better battery than the one that comes with the phone?

Thank you.
  6. blackjaguar25

blackjaguar25 Well-Known Member

He said that because you referred to 4.1.1 as ICS.
  7. CharlzO

CharlzO Well-Known Member

That depends on what you are ok with. They do make extended batteries for the Nexus

, with a new back cover to fit them. The stock battery, if memory serves, is about 1850mAh which is your 6.85Wh. There's a small extended battery, that's 2200mAh (7.7Wh-ish), and then a larger 3800mAh or so battery. All depends on how much thickness you want to add to the phone at that point. Some cases can even still work with the 2200mAh battery, but the 3800 ones are quite large when you add the back to it.
  8. quickaudi

Settings > location access

You originally said ics, which wasn't correct.

The oem extended battery is good.
  9. Winfried

Thanks everyone for the infos. Sorry for my misunderstanding about ICS and JB.

I turned off Location Access, and see what impact, if any, it has on my use of Google when searching for stuff.

If anyone's located in Europe, where could I buy a bigger, good quality OEM battery that won't add too much weight to the Nexus?