• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Better case+screen for Note 2 than Otterbox?

JnEricsonx

Android Enthusiast
Jun 1, 2011
I love my Otterbox case, it makes me feel secure, but god the screen protector collects scratches, dust, and crap like you wouldn't believe, despite the only thing touching it 90% of the time is the S-pen and I keep it in the belt holster IN my pocket. Now, I've been told to heat out the glue of the screen protector and apply another one, but is there a case+screen combo like Otterbox out there?

I love my Otterbox case, it makes me feel secure, but god the screen protector collects scratches, dust, and crap like you wouldn't believe, despite the only thing touching it 90% of the time is the S-pen and I keep it in the belt holster IN my pocket. Now, I've been told to heat out the glue of the screen protector and apply another one, but is there a case+screen combo like Otterbox out there?

Not for Note 2. Trident cases had a new series called Cyclops with a built in screen protector of a much higher quality than Otterbox. But it was only introduced starting S4, Note 3, and now S5. I reviewed their S4, N3, and now got S5 review samples of it - all solid build and much better fitment. My wife's S5 already has tempered glass screen protector, and it worked well with their Cyclops built in protector on top of it.

I know, this doesn't help you with Note 2, but perhaps a reference for a future phones you're going to get.

With Note 2 and Otterbox your choices are limited to a regular film screen protector, go with Spigen or iSmooth. But it's only for scratch protection. Tempered glass is truly for impact protection, but it will not work well with Otterbox because part of the plastic front frame (the piece that goes across at the top) will be resting on top of the glass and any specks of dust will be rubbing against it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones