Better control over screen orientation ?Support

Last Updated:

1. desperado

desperado Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The froyo update has made screen orientation a lot more sensitive and I don't like the new feature for rotation in either direction because when you lie on your side and try to view the screen it changes to landscape.

Are there any third party apps people are using and recommend to gain better control over screen orientation?

Advertisement
  2. desperado

desperado Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone else have this issue? I can be holding my Incredible with a very slight tilt back and to the left and it switches to landscape. It's really getting annoying.

If I just turn off the automatic screen orientation how do you manually change it ?

3. androidxen

androidxen Well-Known Member

There should be a widget out there. I've been on custom ROMs for a long time and I'm assuming you're on regular retail HTC Sense, so I can't point out anything specific. Running cyanogenmod nightly build, and the notification pull-down menu gets you custom controls over various settings including rotation.

4. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

Mine went wonky after the Froyo update (every app seemed to wake up in landscape mode and/or go into landscape when I set the phone down flat, very annoying) so I turned auto-orientation off. However, now that I'm running Virtuous 3.1 it seems OK again.

PS. The EasySwitch toggle bar has a button to trigger auto-orientation on and off.