Better email pleaseSupport

Last Updated:

1. Android joe

Android joe New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

Well two weeks in and I'm loving the galaxy s.

My big problem is email.....

I came from blackberry land and had taken the email for granted.
    I'm afraid the email experience on my galaxy is just not able to compete.

Its quicker to fire up the browser and physically check all my email accounts on hotmail than it is to wait for the email app to finish loading.

I know its better with google mail but I have hotmail and a few others I've used for years.

Help....

I swyped this whole message and its fun but I've added so many badly typed words I'm confusing it.

Advertisement
  2. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Joe,
    What app are you using to display your email messages. Are you using the stock Email app for non GMail accounts?

If so have a look at something like K9-Mail.
    It's very quick and something I used to use before using the Mobile version of Mail.

3. Android joe

Android joe New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I tried k9 but found it was just as slow, especially opening a message, takes ages to render the page.

I tried another mail app too but same problem :(

Why does it take so long to actually fully open an email?

Pants......

4. CherishD85

CherishD85 Member

I have the same problem. Also when I delete emails, they often pop up again the next time it loads...SO ANNOYING

5. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Again, this is one reason why I changed from K9-Mail to the Mobile version of my client email.
    I use the Yahoo client service (which I appreciate is not Hotmail) but just as long as you can find the mobile version of your client email program web page it won't matter.

Using the Mobile version loads my emails practically instantly (K9-Mail used to be pretty good at this but nowhere near as fast as what I am now using).

6. daveleather

daveleather Well-Known Member

My wife was having the same problem, so I set her up a Gmail account, added her 'real' email address to the accounts page (at the Gmail website) and then set it so she can send from her real address even in Gmail.

I can only assume you'd be able to add a Hotmail address to your list of accounts in Gmail, but I haven't tried.

To enable sending from another account in Gmail, they (Gmail) just send a confirmation link to the email address you added, you click the link to confirm you own that address, and then you can send 'from' that address in Gmail. Gmail can be set to "reply from the account that the message was sent to".

HTH.

7. hippo_potamus

hippo_potamus Active Member

Try to set up your email account from "setting", "Accounts and sync", "add account".
    It seems to be working faster for me instead of clicking on the stock email icon and setting it up from there.

8. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

That doesn't work with Yahoo or Hotmail accounts though?

9. neilmurg

neilmurg Member

Faster email please. Can anyone give me a hint? I am a new Orange Galaxy S user, on Froyo (2.2 not 2.2.1, yikes, just checked, bvjp8).

I have Yahoo, (BT) but using their client I get a black screen for 30 seconds while it tries to load new emails. The orange client, although I can have my googlemail, hotmail and yahoo all on there, is also slow.

My other little quirk is that my 'reply to' is personalised, its:
    something@specialname.me.uk which then forwards to my actual email. Only the hotmail client has allowed me to do this so far, all the others only report their 'true' mailbox.

Is their anything fast and functional out their now? do i have to switch to googlemail, or will root, latest android and something funky from Dary be the way to go? I haven't done any of that yet, as I have only had the phone for a week

10. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Have you not tried the 'Classic BT Yahoo' web portal?
    I don't bother with Email Apps, I simply use my Web Browser (Dolphin HD) and Log On to my email account.
    I have my browser set up so that the Home Page is the BT Yahoo Mail page. That way, everytime I start Dolphin it automatically logs into my BT Yahoo Mail account and downloads all New Messages.

Special Note:-
    Getting your mail this way also means you get to see ALL of your Folders and you can Move any messages from one folder to another.
    Basically it's treated just the same as using your PC.

neilmurg likes this.
  11. neilmurg

neilmurg Member

Thanks, I'll try that. I haven't used classic for ages. I don'tunderstand why you use a different browser to the ones supplied in the box, perhaps in another thread later...
    -- and then later ----
    Yes! Yahoo classic via browser, much better. I also implemented the googlemail 'send from other email' properly this time, so I could now just switch to using googlemail behind my '@someone.me.uk' domain, would you advise that?