Better Keyboard Help

Last Updated:

1. Monkey

Monkey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All,
    I bet this is so obvious to everyone here and I hope that I dont make myself sound too stupid but I just cant see the woods for the trees with this...
    I have paid and downloaded the Better Keyboard app to see if its as good as people say it is.
    Well it tells me to "Enable better keyboard first, so I press that and I get the following info...

"This is the first time you are running Better Keyboard:You need to first enable it in menu/setting/locale, then open the messaging app,
    long press any textbox(or bring up a keyboard + long press the ?123 key
    on the left corner) and select input method to switch."

I have ticked the Better Keyboard then gone out of settings and opened the message app and tapped compose so that the keyboard comes up but the 123 is on the right Not left and No ? before the 123 and after I long press the 123 key I do not get any text to allow me to select input method.
    Can someone please tell me what I am or no doing right here.
    Am I just thick and just continue watching Inter V Chelsea? :)

Peace,
    Andrew.

Advertisement
  2. alinver

alinver Well-Known Member

I might be able to help you with this, did you long press the text box? That should bring up a "Select input method" press that then select either Touch Input for the standard keyboard or Better Keyboard for the eh Better Keyboard. Don't bother trying to press the 123 key or whatever just long press the text box.

I started this thread over on the Apps section about Better Keyboard learning your own words, it might help you out.

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/46386-better-keyboard-question.html

Cheers Al

3. Monkey

Monkey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you mate, that worked straight away. :)

Peace,
    Andrew.

4. alinver

alinver Well-Known Member

Great stuff.

I've been using Better Keyboard for a while and I've found it to be better than the stock keyboard, once I learned how to teach it my Scottish words.

Al