1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Better Keyboard problem on HTC Hero

Last Updated:

1. Mr Matty

Mr Matty New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    New to the boards, just got my Hero and am loving it so far (with a few quibbles) but have a confusing problem with Better Keyboard-

I have downloaded and installed it, and set input to better keyboard (box is green-ticked) and the Android keyboard still comes up! I am using ahome, but it happens in Android Home too.. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, but nothing changes. Is there something n00b-like I'm missing? Please help!

Thanks!

Matt

Advertisement
  2. Mr Matty

Mr Matty New Member This Topic's Starter

I am such a raging idiot.

For those of you as moronic as me:

tick the box and then in a text box, long hold and a menu appears, then select input method.

FOOL. I swear I naffed around with it for a day before posting that last thread, I SWEAR.

3. cwaltherp22

cwaltherp22 Member

Hello

I have a better keyboard but it doesn't want to work. I bought my htc magic in china. Can you please tell me again how you made yours work. Thanks so much

4. cwaltherp22

cwaltherp22 Member

hello again i got it already. but now it says better keyboard stopped unexpectedly.what do i do? do i reset my magic? Thanks again

5. andib

andib Member

no, you are not!
    This was SOOO not obvious - I didn't have to do that when I changed from regular qwerty to compact - so never thot about having to do that here.

THANK YOU!!!

6. crystal4ever

crystal4ever New Member

my problem is where do you get the app it's not available in the market only apps for the keyboard