Better Keyboard Voice Input Issue Question

Last Updated:

1. jb1

jb1 Member This Topic's Starter

hey everyone, trying out better keyboard,, been wanting good text input like what comes with 2.1 for a while, the accuracy of the voice input is decent from what i can tell, but when im done recording the text doesnt go into the text field, instead i have to click the text box again and it comes up as a suggestion, is this right..is this how the app is designed..

also any other suggestions for 2.1 quality voice input for texting without rooting

thanks

Advertisement
  2. pinesal

pinesal Well-Known Member

Try TalktoMe keyboard. It works they way you want it.

3. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

I have Talk to me Keyboard and I'm not to impressed with it. No matter how slow I try to talk or space out my words it is very hit or miss for me. I just uninstalled Talk to me and started using the 2.1 keyboard in Bugless Beast and it seems awesome! It has picked up everything that I have said so far.

4. jdldf

jdldf Active Member

The 2.1 keyboard on the Bugless Beast and beauty roms by far the best voice to text keyboard I have seen. I can use the stock messaging again instead of handcent which sometimes lagged the phone a bit

5. jb1

jb1 Member This Topic's Starter

nahh i dont want to root, ill just have to wait for 2.1 official release, and hope better keyboard developer updates the keyboard with the new voice recognition

6. pinesal

pinesal Well-Known Member

I thought all the keyboards used Google's speech to text engine so wouldn't they all perform the same?

7. jdldf

jdldf Active Member

I believe that 2.1 keyboard is the first to have voice input in all text fields.

8. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

It appears that way but after using the 2.1 keyboard there is no comparison to the other market apps vs. the 2.1 keyboard...2.1 is wonderful.