Better Keyboard: You need this Keyboard.

1. rufioxiii

rufioxiii Guest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqvHBfMNtG0

As you can see in the video, this amazing keyboard app keeps you locked down as far as keyboards go. It is a few bucks that you have to send out for it, but I feel that it is well worth the couple of bucks. It offers better functionality and more options to you than the regular Android keyboard, or the sense keyboard (god get off that thing already.)

As far as Swype goes, I haven't tried that, but that seems like a dream come true as far as touchscreens are concerned.

But until Swype goes public, on EVERY phone, this Keyboard will offer you the functionality you wish you had when you opened the package. The sheer inventiveness of the app, allowing quick side to side and top to bottom gestures to change the keyboards, the same dictionary to let you predict the words, its great, amazing, and wonderful to have an app like this.

Now for some screen shots-
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. tardmobile

tardmobile Well-Known Member

but does it have TAB or a pipe (|)
    this is what I get for buying a touch screen only phone... pain in shells without tab or pipes
  3. TheFranchise216

TheFranchise216 Active Member

How do I get the unlock to download? I purchased it but it says "download paused." Please help!
  4. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

You can long press the terminal and alternate symbols pop up. You can also hit the alt key on the keyboard.
  5. WalkingHate

WalkingHate Member

This keyboard is junk people. If you wanna pay for an app, which a keyboard was the first one i bought, cause i couldnt stand the stock or free versions of any of them. Thumb Keyboard is the Shiznit. Its a strange style, that takes a little getting used to but Superb. It puts a gap in the middle, making it easier to type actually. And has so many customizable options i was smiling for an hour after dling it. You can do Dif setups for Portrait and Landscape mode, and heres the kicker ( you can change the size of the text, and keys, ie making them bigger) So less screw ups, i can speed type like a mofo now. For my first purchased app, i am completely Satiated. 6* app if i could rate it so...
    ((BTW, every keyboard i tried cept for Thumb, looks pretty much the same))

Walking Hate
    (Samsung FTW)
  6. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Everyone has their own opinions. I love better keyboard 8 and highly recommend it.
    I like being able to change the key colors to match the colors in better terminal emulator pro, I like being able to adjust the key size, the accents above the keys so I don't have to hit the symbol button, and you don't have to hit the keys exactly it adjusts for that and prints the correct key.
  7. danfan

danfan New Member

Long time user - I love this and SwiftKey for autocompletion.

Better Keyboard for the cleanest ui.
  8. Corki2

Corki2 Well-Known Member

I bought this through the Android Market a few months ago and now it's only available in the Amazon App store. Unfortunately, it looks as though there is no support for people who purchased it through the Market to download it again without paying again. Given this situation, I would not recommend that anyone purchase this until the developer makes things right with those of us who already purchased it. If you purchase it and the dev disappears from Amazon, you will be in my shoes. It's a great keyboard, but Thumb Keyboard is excellent also and is what I currently use. It can be customized.
  9. eleventhletter

eleventhletter New Member

It's gone from Amazon now also.
  10. canarydroid

canarydroid New Member

I've been using Siine Writer as my keyboard for a while now. It's not perfect but I'd recommend it still, particularly as they've now added landscape.
  11. RobertB-DC

RobertB-DC Well-Known Member

I bought the upgraded Better Keyboard when it was still available on the Android Market.

My biggest beef has been that it frequently doubles up taps on my low-end Optimus T, probably because the processor isn't keeping up very well. The problem is that the auto-correct doesn't see the doubled letters as a common typo, like it does when you hit the letter next to your intended target. So it can correctly figure out that "teayong" should be "testing", but it can't guess what you mean by "testting" (it guesses "grafting").

Now that they've been kicked off the markets (for enabling copyright violations in skins, is what I hear, but that doesn't make a lot of sense), I don't guess I'll be able to get a fix for this glitch. :( Also, I got the BK8 version -- I can't get the BK7 version now, to see if it works better on my phone.

Most of the time, though, I use Graffiti -- even though it hasn't been optimized at all for the Android (even the help screens still have Palm-specific commands like "Short Cut") and is missing non-text special characters. The biggest problem with Graffiti is the carriage return... my friends have now become accustomed to me sending a truncated messa

ge, because the single down-left stroke for a CR (which is also part of letters like that "g" there) sends the SMS!
  12. Danielrogers

Danielrogers Active Member

I vote for Thumb Keyboard. And it's pitty when you get the app from Android Market, then no support is provided, you fiind it in AmazonAppStore nd Bdmm Tsss, the same "French word"
  13. jcrealtor

jcrealtor New Member

how is this keyboard compare with what i installed "google pinyin keyboard"?
  14. Afzoomie67

Afzoomie67 Member

What do you look for in a Droid Keyboard?
  15. I look for a good mix of auto-correct and the abilitity to write words that might not be common or in the phone dictionary then have those unknown words be suggested in the future.

It's nice when a keyboard will learn a word that you have entered so that you will not have to wait for autocorrect then backspace backspace backspace. For example, I want to type my email address e.xample3@gmail.com and have the keyboard give me the option of that email address next time I type part of the address "e.xamp."

Ability to change language on the fly is key too.
  16. AliceWonder

AliceWonder Member

Phone I haven't decided.
    Tablet - I look for an Esc key (necessary for vim), tab key, unix | key, numbers on same keyboard as letters, no attempt at auto-completion or correction.

Hackers Keyboard does all those things and is free. I don't know if I'll be using it on my new phone though, might use too much screen real estate.
  17. larzzz123

larzzz123 Member

Not a bad app at all
  18. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

Prefer Smart Keyboard Pro.
  19. Mavis Cruet

Mavis Cruet Well-Known Member

As a devotee of the sliding keyboards .. my favourite is T9. Even though Swype came pre installed on my Galaxy note, this one knocks spots off it, it's not so well known as some of the others, but I highly recommend it.