1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Better Keyboard ???

Last Updated:

1. rdalev

rdalev Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Where in the heck is the "Better Keyboard" app I keep hearing so much about. Got meathooks for hands here and anything that makes typing easier , count me in !

I go to the app market, on my Eris, look through 1000's of apps and even do a search for Better Keyboard and the only results I get are Skins for Better Keyboard. What category would it fall under, i.e. communication, productivity, Tools. etc.

Thanks in advance for any help !:cool:

Advertisement
  2. dbarrett480

dbarrett480 Well-Known Member

type in "better keyboard full" in the search bar and you will find it

3. rdalev

Thanks, that did the trick !

4. jennhope

jennhope New Member

Can you tell me what the "Better Keyboard" is? What does it do? What does it look like?
    Thanks!
    Jenn

5. rdalev

Supposedly makes typing on a touch screen easier !

6. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

This link gives you the basics of what it does.
    Better Keyboard v3.5 Application for Android | Tools

This is the link to the Better Android site (the developers that made Better Keyboard). They'll post version updates and features here as well.
    Better Android Apps

I've got Better Keyboard, and I love it. It can be a bit buggy, but, IMO, I think it is a lot better than the stock virtual keyboard on my G1.

You can also do some crazy customizations for it too. You download a number of different skins (almost all are free). You can also download free font packs and apply them to the keys.

I personally love it.

7. Tek34

Tek34 Active Member

Couldn't find "Better Keyboard" on my Droid using search words ""Better Keyboard full". Eventually found it searching on author name, "Better Android". Skins are free, but app is $2.99. Any demo available?

I have a physical, horizontal keyboard so I'm not sure if its worth it to me. I wouldn't mind trying it out for vertical typing if a demo is out.

8. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there is no demo. You can always buy it and try it out, and if you don't like just uninstall it and get a refund. You only get one refund though. So if you decided to download it again it is yours to keep. Also, you only have 24 hours to get your money back.

9. mcmillan.ma

mcmillan.ma New Member

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to ENABLE better keyboard. I guess go to menu, but where is menu?? Help!

10. Runicke

Runicke New Member

I'm a drummer, but I want to be able to write songs. Which would be better for melody and all that stuff, keyboard or guitar?

PS im talking about writing anything from progressive metal to metalcore to hard rock

11. dequardo

dequardo Well-Known Member

Open the app, hit the menu button on the phone, 'enable Better Keyboard' option there

12. jb4kats

jb4kats Well-Known Member

I can't find it at all!! i have tried all the suggestions that have been posted and it just won't come up. Tons of skins show up but nothing on the keyboard itself. Anyone with any other suggestions? I am using the Samsung Moment, but that shouldn't matter should it?

13. JoeC

JoeC Well-Known Member

When you have a text field open, such as composing a message, select and hold in the text field. That will bring up a prompt for an input method. From there, choose Better Keyboard and you're set.

The only reason I use it is because of Spanish language support. Otherwise, the stock Hero keyboard is really good.

14. jb4kats

jb4kats Well-Known Member

I know how to do a search, it just doesn't find it.......

15. JoeC

JoeC Well-Known Member

Oh, I was replying to mcmillan I guess...

Try searching for better or keyboard. It should show for one of those. I've gotta say, the searches in Android market are pretty bad.

16. robbski10

robbski10 New Member

I struggled forever to find it too, but search by Better Android, then scroll down a few pages, and it shows up. :)

17. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

Where are you located? If this is a paid app, not all countries have access to paid apps yet (like Canada and Australia).