• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Better Keyboard ???

rdalev

Android Enthusiast
Nov 15, 2009
Fayette, Ga.
Where in the heck is the "Better Keyboard" app I keep hearing so much about. Got meathooks for hands here and anything that makes typing easier , count me in !

I go to the app market, on my Eris, look through 1000's of apps and even do a search for Better Keyboard and the only results I get are Skins for Better Keyboard. What category would it fall under, i.e. communication, productivity, Tools. etc.

Thanks in advance for any help !:cool:

Can you tell me what the "Better Keyboard" is? What does it do? What does it look like?
Thanks!
Jenn

This link gives you the basics of what it does.
Better Keyboard v3.5 Application for Android | Tools

This is the link to the Better Android site (the developers that made Better Keyboard). They'll post version updates and features here as well.
Better Android Apps

I've got Better Keyboard, and I love it. It can be a bit buggy, but, IMO, I think it is a lot better than the stock virtual keyboard on my G1.

You can also do some crazy customizations for it too. You download a number of different skins (almost all are free). You can also download free font packs and apply them to the keys.

I personally love it.

Upvote 0
Couldn't find "Better Keyboard" on my Droid using search words ""Better Keyboard full". Eventually found it searching on author name, "Better Android". Skins are free, but app is $2.99. Any demo available?

I have a physical, horizontal keyboard so I'm not sure if its worth it to me. I wouldn't mind trying it out for vertical typing if a demo is out.

Upvote 0
Couldn't find "Better Keyboard" on my Droid using search words ""Better Keyboard full". Eventually found it searching on author name, "Better Android". Skins are free, but app is $2.99. Any demo available?

I have a physical, horizontal keyboard so I'm not sure if its worth it to me. I wouldn't mind trying it out for vertical typing if a demo is out.

Unfortunately there is no demo. You can always buy it and try it out, and if you don't like just uninstall it and get a refund. You only get one refund though. So if you decided to download it again it is yours to keep. Also, you only have 24 hours to get your money back.

Upvote 0

I can't find it at all!! i have tried all the suggestions that have been posted and it just won't come up. Tons of skins show up but nothing on the keyboard itself. Anyone with any other suggestions? I am using the Samsung Moment, but that shouldn't matter should it?

Upvote 0
I can't find it at all!! i have tried all the suggestions that have been posted and it just won't come up. Tons of skins show up but nothing on the keyboard itself. Anyone with any other suggestions? I am using the Samsung Moment, but that shouldn't matter should it?

When you have a text field open, such as composing a message, select and hold in the text field. That will bring up a prompt for an input method. From there, choose Better Keyboard and you're set.

The only reason I use it is because of Spanish language support. Otherwise, the stock Hero keyboard is really good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones