Better Mail IMAP application?

Last Updated:

1. cdtdelta

cdtdelta Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,
    Ok, just got the DROID and my biggest complaint right now is with the Mail application (not the Gmail one). I have it set up for IMAP for my home email, and I can not move messages from my inbox into another folder.

Can you actually do that? If so I haven't been able to figure out how. If you can't, is there a different Mail application for Android that will let you do that?

It seems like a common enough feature that you would think it would be there.

Thanks ahead of time,
    CdtDelta

Advertisement
  2. msmith11

msmith11 New Member

I've noticed the same problem...

3. wrldtreker

wrldtreker New Member

Couldn't do it either. Am trying "K-9 Mail". Says it has IDLE support for IMAP, and let me choose which folders I want visible. There was also an option for identities, but I have not tried that.

4. rsbenedict

rsbenedict Well-Known Member

There's also a beta called Seven and it works pretty well. You can't get it from the market, you'll have to google search for it and download it from the browser.

5. stoggy

stoggy Active Member

i havent used the email app on a home imap server but have you tried pressing and holding on the email to move it to a different folder.

I think, at least in gmail, you can press the menu button to change to view a different folder.