Better notifications...?

Last Updated:

1. toader

toader Member This Topic's Starter

I run my phone in full silence mode a lot of the times. But, it sits very near my computer, so I can see it. Currently, it seems like the only visual indication of an event (msg, email,etc) is the green flashing LED.

Is there anyway to make some kind of graphical display actually show up on the phone when you get an event? Think similar to what the iPhone does when it gets a text msg.

Advertisement
  2. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

... wow really android has been applauded for its notification system. just look for the light its done that way to conserve power.

3. toader

toader Member This Topic's Starter

Cool story bro.

Anyone else have any ideas? It's great that they offer this lite power option, but then again, I guess it's not really an option if forced.

pingpongboss likes this.
  4. HatTrick327

HatTrick327 Well-Known Member

I think you can make Handecent SMS make your screen wake up.

5. kheovnien

kheovnien Well-Known Member

can't you change the l.e.d. color to signal a different type of message (text, email, phone) received? i don't own my EVO yet but i know this is possible on the moto droid.

6. bcrtj457

bcrtj457 Well-Known Member

i think there is a pop up sms notification you can download from the market.

for emails or anything else i am not sure. i do know there is one for texts tho. look up sms popup or something to that effect.

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure there are only 2 LED colors (orange and green) and I don't think they're configurable. I tried to get the Gmail notification app to show a different color and it didn't work.

I too would like a quick flash of the message onscreen when a new text comes in. That way I can glance and see if it's something I need to deal with without having to unlock the phone.

8. Barats

Barats Well-Known Member

Same here. If I see it's a text that I do not need to attend to right now, I can bother with it later.

And I think the green light means a message and the orange for missed calls and voicemails.

9. Bnice

Bnice Guest

You have got to be kidding me, so you silent your phone and the green notification light is not enough? The complaints people post about just amaze me some times.

10. phearx

phearx Well-Known Member

The "cool story bro" made me lol; as for the topic handcent sms, which is in the market, does something similar to the iphone in regards to text messages.

11. phearx

phearx Well-Known Member

You should relax, he was just voicing a problem, it's not like he was bashing the phone in any way.

12. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

try the app sms pop-up

13. pUre EseNcE

pUre EseNcE New Member

i downloaded the sms popup and im loving it.