Better or different PHONE APP?

Last Updated:

1. texas83

texas83 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just rooted my HTC hero, installed Fresh 2.3.3 with the Darch768 kernel. I am interested to know if there is a better "Phone" app out there. I really dont like the dial pad or the interface. is there an app that I can replace it with? or at the least, a better dial pad? something fast preferably! thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

3. aceofspades626

aceofspades626 Well-Known Member

I liked Dialer One when I was on Fresh.
    But I much prefer the Darch Rom which has the AOSP dialer. It's a much faster dialer program and you don't get the ridiculously long lag on outgoing calls any more.

4. astrobill

astrobill Well-Known Member

Do any of these change the look of the screen when actually on a call? I'd love to find a way to move the mute and speakerphone buttons farther from the FRIGGIN' End Call button...sigh.

Sometimes the stock Google Android developers really tick me off...didn't some young intern at the original Android development meetings think to say "Hey...what if people try to mute or speaker a call and accidentally hit the End Call button three pixels away?!"

5. aceofspades626

aceofspades626 Well-Known Member

The AOSP dialer moves mute and everything else to a menu button set of options. But then again, it also doesn't have an on screen End Call button any more. Something I definitely prefer.

It's been a while since I've used Dialer One so I cant really recall.