better "people", contacts app?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by xtksystems, Sep 21, 2010.

1. xtksystems

xtksystems New Member

Sep 21, 2010
    I like the "people" app, but does leave a few things to be desired. Is there a better app for contacts?

One area of irritation is the way it stores addresses, notes, etc. If I bring up a contact, Only shows a portion of the address or notes field. If I click "edit" to modify, I can potentially see it all if I scroll down in that single line box, but can easily "edit" fields this way by accident.

Same situation with "Notes", although slightly easier to "edit". Either way, when traditionally just viewing the contact, these fields show only portions of the total info.

Advertisement

2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Denmark
    Welcome to the forum! :D

You're right, it's painfully obvious that what we're given is a phone book, and what we sometimes need (esp. those of us with a PalmOS background) is and address book.

I'm sorry to say that, after over a year and a half, I haven't found any decent address book apps.

Good luck though.

3. xtksystems

xtksystems New Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Is there a way to get the "maps" program(s) from coming up in the address field? And instead just "see" the full address?

4. Kapten

Kapten New Member

May 30, 2010
    Any solutions yet on this, I'm still looking?
    I've tried other contacts viewers but a bit clunky and don't link to search.
    Keith

5. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto
    VIP Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Pilates Instructor
    South of Boston, MA
    This is an issue for me, too, coming from the Palm world, which is much more oriented to organization. The Droid world seems pretty wild and woolly! I hope something can be written to help, I really dislike the 'phonebook'.