Better place to buy a phone? Verizon or Best Buy?

Last Updated:

1. Zerg

Zerg Well-Known Member

What is the better place to buy a new Android phone Verizon or Best Buy?

2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

There is no better place, imo.
    Sometimes Best Buy will have certain phones at a discounted price that Verizon doesn't.
    So it really depends on what phone want.
    Go check out both places.
  3. lakai113

lakai113 Well-Known Member

Buy online....
  4. TozyJay

TozyJay Well-Known Member

Technically you can purchase online and shop around for a good long as you don't mind paying for shipping and having to wait on the delivery. :D

I usually go to Verizon, as they tend to have a better selection of accessories and that kind of thing. If all you're getting is the phone itself, then you would just want to compare prices between the two.
    Zerg likes this.
  5. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Sprint or T-mobile are the better places.. ;)
  6. Zerg

Zerg Well-Known Member

Well the phone I am getting (Droid X) is the same price at both Verizon and Best Buy. It looks like Best Buy offers the rebate in store, where with Verizon you have to mail it in. If I buy it from Best Buy and I have problems can I still take it to Verizon? Or do I have to take it strictly to the store it was purchased at?

I'm just trying to figure out if there are any cons of buying it from Best Buy. Because it just makes more sense to get the rebate in store.
  7. vjice

vjice Member

You can take it back to best buy for the first 30 days after that you must take it to Verizon not less you buy the Best buy insurance.
  8. Eyetattoo

Eyetattoo Member

Whats the price in the stores?
  9. Genetic_Bloom

Genetic_Bloom Well-Known Member

If you're going to buy it from B&M stores I'd say BB. That's where I got my Droid and I'd suggest them because you get to skip the mail-in rebate. You still take the phone to Verizon for service and it's essentially the same as buying it from Verizon. Sometimes the Verizon reps give you deals like first month of data free but that's still only $30 compared to the $100 you'll save by not waiting for a rebate.