• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Better place to buy a phone? Verizon or Best Buy?

Technically you can purchase online and shop around for a good deal...as long as you don't mind paying for shipping and having to wait on the delivery. :D

I usually go to Verizon, as they tend to have a better selection of accessories and that kind of thing. If all you're getting is the phone itself, then you would just want to compare prices between the two.

Reactions: Zerg
Upvote 0
There is no better place, imo.
Sometimes Best Buy will have certain phones at a discounted price that Verizon doesn't.
So it really depends on what phone want.
Go check out both places.

Well the phone I am getting (Droid X) is the same price at both Verizon and Best Buy. It looks like Best Buy offers the rebate in store, where with Verizon you have to mail it in. If I buy it from Best Buy and I have problems can I still take it to Verizon? Or do I have to take it strictly to the store it was purchased at?

I'm just trying to figure out if there are any cons of buying it from Best Buy. Because it just makes more sense to get the rebate in store.

Upvote 0
If you're going to buy it from B&M stores I'd say BB. That's where I got my Droid and I'd suggest them because you get to skip the mail-in rebate. You still take the phone to Verizon for service and it's essentially the same as buying it from Verizon. Sometimes the Verizon reps give you deals like first month of data free but that's still only $30 compared to the $100 you'll save by not waiting for a rebate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones