Better popup for SMS/Email?

Last Updated:

1. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all

New to the forum and the Captivate (3 days) and I have been reading this site and learning as I go but I had a question about some sort of better indicator or popup for sms and email?

I am coming from a Blackberry 9700 so I guess I was spoiled. I am really digging this phone and have no intentions of going back ever. I see the little indicator at the top of the phone but I wanted something more noticeable or annoying - is there anything better?

Figured I would ask you folks what you use or recommend for this phone. I will continue to read and browse the market - thanks for this site and the great amount of knowledge.

Boldt

Advertisement
  2. trant01

trant01 Active Member

try handcent for sms. its much better than the stock version.

3. iMouseOne

iMouseOne Active Member

Handcent and chomp sms both have popup options for when you receive txts. Both are good txting replacements with loads of features.

4. ScaGin

ScaGin Well-Known Member

There is SMS Popup and Email Popup on Appbrain. I don't see one for both notifications.

5. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wow awesome thanks folks. I will take a look at those programs. I had heard of the Handcent but being so new I was not entirely sure it was okay for my phone (lol) now I know. Thanks again

6. ScaGin

ScaGin Well-Known Member

Executive Office will do both. It is on Appbrain for $4.99.

7. sallyk

sallyk New Member

i was used to the blinding led blinking on my blackberry too....you'll get used to that pathetic little green dot soon....<<miss my blackberry!!>>

8. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

I use SMS Popup and it works great. For email though I get way too many so the notification bar icon is enough for me.

9. Doyer

Doyer Well-Known Member

+1 for SMS Popup. I have it set so I only get a popup when the screen is off or locked, that way I can send a quick reply if needed without opening the Messaging app, but when I'm using the phone I want the notification in the top bar, where it should be. :)