• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Better reception on 2.3.4?

Last night Kies did a 2.3.4 update to my SG2.

How can I be getting better reception on 2.3.4? I used to get 1-2 bars and now 3-4 bars in the same locations. A noticable improvement in performance on downloads.

How could software do this?:thinking:

I guess software controls the hardware, so it could make it better.

Like in games a driver update can improve your FPS :)

Wish my phone would update lol

Upvote 0

How can I be getting better reception on 2.3.4? I used to get 1-2 bars and now 3-4 bars in the same locations. A noticable improvement in performance on downloads.

Yeah, 2.3.4 really solved many issues which I had on 2.3.3 - the main issue is browsing, now I'm not being kicked out from some certain web pages as it was before, but 2.3.4 brought for me another problem, now I can't put heavy widgets like analog clock etc cause it causes scrolling the home screen a bit sluggish.

Nobody really replies me to thread about that. Please, try to put those clock, especially dual analog clock widget on some screens on stock launcher and reply me about your scrolling performance. Mine becomes sluggish a bit, but not slow or glitchy.

Can't remember it on 2.3.3

Upvote 0

I noticed that too when I moved to 2.3.4.

I put it down to improvements in the radio (not the FM radio but the one in OS that controls GPS/WiFi/Bluetooth, etc. )that has been upgraded with the firmware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones