Better reception on 2.3.4?Support

Last Updated: 2011-09-30 21:48:51
  1. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Well-Known Member

Last night Kies did a 2.3.4 update to my SG2.

How can I be getting better reception on 2.3.4? I used to get 1-2 bars and now 3-4 bars in the same locations. A noticable improvement in performance on downloads.

How could software do this?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. adamantell

adamantell Well-Known Member

I guess software controls the hardware, so it could make it better.

Like in games a driver update can improve your FPS :)

Wish my phone would update lol
  3. kayne5

kayne5 Well-Known Member

Yeah, 2.3.4 really solved many issues which I had on 2.3.3 - the main issue is browsing, now I'm not being kicked out from some certain web pages as it was before, but 2.3.4 brought for me another problem, now I can't put heavy widgets like analog clock etc cause it causes scrolling the home screen a bit sluggish.

Nobody really replies me to thread about that. Please, try to put those clock, especially dual analog clock widget on some screens on stock launcher and reply me about your scrolling performance. Mine becomes sluggish a bit, but not slow or glitchy.

Can't remember it on 2.3.3
  4. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

I noticed that too when I moved to 2.3.4.

I put it down to improvements in the radio (not the FM radio but the one in OS that controls GPS/WiFi/Bluetooth, etc. )that has been upgraded with the firmware.
  5. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Well-Known Member

Thanks all. I was happy before and now even MORE happy with the SG2!

After having more time to play the Internet is more responsive with little to no delay. At times I used to wait a few seconds but now it is much smoother.

All I can say is it is well worth the few minutes to update, good to see Samsung supporting their hardware!
  6. rajeshsehgal

rajeshsehgal Member

2.3.4 update repairs all the glitches even though small in the version 2.3.3. It improves all the parameter of the phone.m including battery life and reception and connectivity,Etc.
  7. mystvearn

mystvearn Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see the difference for myself. Updating with Kies now.

Does anyone notice the fonts are becoming bolder now?