better replacement screen questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

okay so, i've been thinking, i know that for the moment you can buy more plastic screens to put on your phone yourself if you break it or scratch it or whatever... but what about a GLASS screen, is anyone out there making GLASS screen replacements? i'm very curious to this answer.

i realize it would void a warantee but you could simplee just throw the plastic one back on if you HAD to bring it in... glass would be much more scratch resistant, and feel better IMO.

does anyone know if anyone does this? or if this is even possible? I'm pretty sure it'd be possible but i have no real knowledge of this lol

Advertisement
  2. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

I'm sure you could make a glass screen but would you want to go to the hassle?

I've had mine since the beginning of November and I've never used a screen protector. Not one scratch or blemish and I use my jeans to clean it.

3. Covert_Death

idk but i ruined my instinct screen by accidently placing it in the same pocket as my keys for five minutes lol.

im not saying i would MAKE it, but if another company did, iwould buy it and do the replacement myself since screen replacements are easy really, and can be done better than factory so no dust gets in

4. AlkiDweller

I have a feeling that no company would risk the investment in developing, manufacturing and marketing a product that you could only use by first doing something that voids the warranty of the phone.

5. Covert_Death

well companies make replacement plastic screens which is the same exact thing really, just what material they use is different

6. AlkiDweller

I guess I should have googled it before I made the assumption. You are correct.