better root methods 2.2 ONLY

1. d3310n

d3310n Well-Known Member

I need a real root method unlike the only one that is posted at this time. It requires a windows computer to do and i do not have one so i am rootless. Any other methods please post them here as soon as you discover them. I know that many other users are having trouble with rooting 2.2 because of the requirments and hassle of the procedure.

Advertisement
  2. flick159

flick159 Well-Known Member

Emulate windows in Vm Virtualbox or Parallels.
    No one said this would be easy. You gotta pull your own weight.
  3. Valkerie

Valkerie Well-Known Member

I was beat to it.
  4. d3310n

d3310n Well-Known Member

Im not whining and complaining that its to hard or im to lazy,i just dont know if i should use this method now because another soution may be floating around or just around the corner
  5. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

Most of the time, Its the hassles you learn the most from!! check out other sources of information, other forums. what operating system so you have access to? ask question and read and maybe YOU will be the one to figure out an easier way to gain root access to 2.2. Not trying to bash, just suggesting. Don't expect someone else to do things for you just because you need it. sometimes you have to do for yourself, Thats when you learn the most. The majority of the nice folks on this forum are self taught by reading, asking questions and not being able to try a different way. The people that have supplied the Guides have done a wonderful job detailing them Step-by-Step, and deserve appreciation for their work. If there was an easier way, I;m sure some generous person would have posted it by now. Dont be affraid to ask questions, and remember to show appreciation. those that help, do so freely and happily.
  6. elucas45

elucas45 Member

it may be hard but its worth it you should be thanking Trident and death2all110 with out them the ally would be a paper weight
  7. d3310n

d3310n Well-Known Member

So true without them i would have stomped on this phone by now
  8. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

removed by me...
  9. elucas45

elucas45 Member

removed
  10. d3310n

d3310n Well-Known Member

Hardly real to me since i cant really use it. Im tryin to get my buddies laptop running windows but by the time i get it something else may be out so this method is not a "real" option to me right now
  11. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

The method that exist at http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/263285-guide-froyo-2-2-1-root-users.html is the only way to root an ally running 2.2.1 right now thanks to Trident's and others hard work. Sorry it's not a "real option" for you at this time but it's the only one you have unless you develop one or get a different phone.
  12. GRZLA

GRZLA Well-Known Member

Let me set the record straight here. If you want root on froyo or to use custom froyo roms, you will have to do so using the guide found in all things root. There will be no other way. Learning how to use adb and fastboot is something every ally user needs to know about.
    Xliff, Matt's 175 and Crash89 like this.
  13. d3310n

d3310n Well-Known Member

:/ well looks like I'm going to use this method asap. Let me just clear up that I am not a noob that cannot do it I just wasn't sure if. Another method method was in dev and I should just wait a few days. But when new methods do arise please feel free to post them here.
  14. Matt's 175

Matt's 175 Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe that someone in the year 2011 doesn't have any access to a Windows computer what so ever. Next door neighbors? Co-workers? School mates? Family members? Friends?

:confused:
  15. d3310n

d3310n Well-Known Member

I do its just that MOST of the people I know use linux or osx. Windows really isn't all that great and most people I know realize that. I do have acess but ill have to ask one of my friends to borrow his laptop.
  16. flick159

flick159 Well-Known Member

Umm. VirtualBox? Parallels? Did you even look into these options?
  17. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Well-Known Member

I tried Visionary+ to no avail :(
  18. Valkerie

Valkerie Well-Known Member

Don't most distros come with a virtual machine program of some sort?
  19. Xliff

Xliff New Member

Yes, VirtualBox.

You have to install it. It can be found in the package repository of most Distributions. Detailed instructions for installation and download links can be found here.
  20. d3310n

d3310n Well-Known Member

Tried usings parralells and bootcamp but partioning the disk always fails, strange so ill figure it out

Btw I'm running osx on my comp
  21. ludeawakening

ludeawakening Well-Known Member