• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Better SMS App, Than Default & a Free Better Keyboard Than Default.

Srg94

Dec 21, 2010
Hey All,

Can some people please tell me what better APP'S are to use than the Default SMS App & Default Keyboard.

I feel when I use a different SMS App it might damage my phone & The same when I change the keyboard... I feel I am damaging the phone. :(
Anybody please help?

Thanks. :D

Lol why would it damage it 0.o Don't worry there is no reason it would damage it and noone ever reported that.

Great SMS app is: Handcent SMS.... It has LOTS of options, you can customize each contact, add "Private contacts", and other cool stuff

I've also recently started using Go SMS (they also do a keyboard, a launcher and a few other things)... it's pretty good... just fancied trying something different out for a while! :)

Upvote 0
And because the bundled SMS app with CM7 is pretty basic? :p

So true!! :)

Go SMS is acceptable, once you've played about with it, it's pretty smooth.

I like it, but there's probably better out there... it suits me for now... like the fact that there is a whole bundle of apps from the same people with a similar feel... I'm using the Go Launcher at the moment with one of their black glass themes that looks pretty good! I'm loving the fact that it lets you have 3 sets of 5 quick links at the bottom of the screen (they're moveable just like your homescreens, so it means I can keep my screen on my main homescreen, but access 15 different apps)

Some folk like this keyboard too.

I'm still using the CM7 stock keyboard, but am thinking of changing, but I'm in no rush!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones