Better Speed DialTips

1. ninjakyle

ninjakyle Well-Known Member

I added a folder to my home screen.

I filled it with shortcuts to direct dials

click to open folder, click to dial (icons are photos).

It might not be what everyone is looking for but is the best thing I have tried and works great for me.

Just thought I would share (oh, and I named the folder "speed dial")

Advertisement
  2. AFAngryWarrior

AFAngryWarrior Well-Known Member

I just skip the folder and place direct dials right on one of the homescreens using "Bettercut" saves a step.
  3. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I just attach people to numbers on the dial pad through contacts. I just hold the button corresponding to the person I want to speed dial them. Works just like it did on my old feature phone which is fine by me.
    mrlanrat and AHanks12 like this.
  4. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

I gave you a big 'ol "Thank You" cuz I didn't know this could be done with the DInc. I installed a speed dial app from the Market to complete this function but just uninstalled it after reading your post. Much appreciated.
  5. ninjakyle

ninjakyle Well-Known Member

Yeah, that works, but right now I have about 10 speed dials and the folder saves real estate on my home screen.

I have also made a folder for common locations that I use for navigation (home, etc...).

for example: I am traveling, spending a week in a city, I put in the hotel and a few other addresses in the "car" folder (set to navigate to that address) and two clicks and I am navigating.

Works great (just figured that one out).
  6. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

You could also use the people widget. I like it.....

On the people widget, you can touch the pic to direct dial or the name to go to their contact
  7. Ryd1ZZ

Ryd1ZZ Well-Known Member

I've been using the favorites widget one page over from home. Just slide then one touch dial.
  8. bentoboxrox

bentoboxrox Member

anyone using launcher pro can add direct dial shortcuts. With 5 rows allow and 4 columns you'll have 20 speed dials per page. I believe the favorites widget only allows 9?
  9. 2010 ZR1

2010 ZR1 Well-Known Member

Maybe try Gesture Search, I have yet to receive the phone so I don't know how it works just yet.
  10. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I like and use gesture search for finding things including contacts in my phone quickly, but as far as I'm concerned it is not replacement for a speed dial solution of some kind. Personally, the reason I prefer to use the "attach a phone number to a phone dialer number/button solution" is that my speed dials don't take up any screen real estate that way. I have 7 screens all full of stuff I use and play with and I really don't have room for people favorites and such, especially when I have a solution that works perfectly well and is just as fast. Anyway, that's why I like android, I get to do it my way and you get to do it your way. :)
  11. jartosk

jartosk New Member

Search the market for an app called MeContacts.... it works great on my incredible as a replacement for the HTC contacts widget. I am running it on LauncherPro and have not had any problems. It runs as a widget or an app.