Better than locale!

Last Updated:

1. krazykrivda

krazykrivda Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My idea/solution for a battery efficient and effective profiler.

I like to have different setting based on the application I'm using. For example if I open 'maps' I would want to turn on GPS and screen never off. Or if i open car dock it turns on gps, turns on orientation changing, and set the volume to a certain level. These are just examples

THOUGHTS:

1. App that works similar to bettercut/anycut that creates an icon that will launch an application. but also enable user to set settings (like Locale, or any other profiler) associated with it as well.
    2. Have a background listener that listens for intent for a given program, when it is opened change settings appropriately.
    3. Create a widget creator. Pick the program, the widget will be 1X1 and take the appearance of the given apps icon. Also then associate setting with it as well.
    Setting that should be included:

• GPS
    • Volume (media, ringer notification, etc)
    • bluetooth
    • orientation
    • lock
    • brightness
    • screen off time
    • etc
    Please let me know if this is doable, good/bad idea, or any input. I really don't think it woudl be too difficult to implement.

THANK YOU!

Advertisement
  2. eachna

eachna Active Member

The paid version of Power Manager is pretty close to what you want. You might approach the programmers and suggest the rest as requested features.