Better to have loved and lost than not to love at all. NOT TRUESupport

Last Updated:

1. kbearmoney

kbearmoney Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That saying is sooo not true when talking about swype. Loving and losing Swype has been hard. My time expired and the beta is still closed. I tried deleting and re-installing but it doesn't work. I'm hooked and need help. Can anyone help me? I need swype back.

Advertisement
  2. HereForTheMoment

HereForTheMoment Member

I'm on the same boat. I need swype... someone please help us!

3. dreze88

dreze88 Well-Known Member

I just posted this enjoy mis amigos:

Link Removed By OfTheDamned

NewAndroidUser and Nileo2005 like this.
  4. Nileo2005

Nileo2005 New Member

Fantastic! Looks different than mine did before, different color scheme ads alt key commands, but that's definitely worth getting swype back. Mad props for the post.

5. HereForTheMoment

HereForTheMoment Member

When I open the file I get a page full of symbols and letters. Any thoughts?

6. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

Where are you opening it? Use the link above, download, then put on your sdcard. Install from sdcard using app monster or astro or some other installer.

7. NewAndroidUser

NewAndroidUser Active Member

Truer words have never been spoken!!! When my Swype expired I was extra sick! Thanks for the post dreze88!

8. HereForTheMoment

HereForTheMoment Member

How exactly do I do this. I've downloaded astro but can't figure out how to install it. Can someone give me some instructions, please? Sorry... newb here : \

9. pahick

pahick Member

Im not sure about astro, I use apps installer. Download that file to your sdcard, open apps installer and it will find all the apps on your card. Tap that file and itll install.

10. kbearmoney

Not sure if you can't figure out how to install Astro or Swype, so I'll do both.

Astro - Go to market, click install and that's it.

Then you can hook up your phone to the computer and mount it. Then you can create a special folder if you want, I named mines "Downloads" on your sdcard.

Go to the link that dreze88 posted and save that file to your desktop (I guess you can save it in the "download" file you created, but I like to put things on my computer, then I drop and drag).

Once the swype file is in your folder, unmount.

Then go to Astro, find your sdcard, find the folder where you put swype, tap it and it should say something like open manager, click that and then install.

Then go to settings and click where it says keyboards and something. (I don't have my phone with me right now, so I can't recall exactly). Then Swype should be one of your options, if it's not checked, check the box.

Just long press wherever you're trying to use it and click on Input method and pick Swype.

HereForTheMoment likes this.
  11. HereForTheMoment

HereForTheMoment Member

I was stuck on how to install swype. I followed your instructions and got it to work. Thank you for your help! :cool:

12. Hotled

Hotled Active Member

Just wondering here. Swype is a keyboard app correct? But the moment has a Q keyboard to use so why is Swype so popular since we have a sliding keyboard.
    I haven't used Swype because I never saw the need but maybe I will give it a shot?

13. kbearmoney

No problem! I know how it feels to be lost and reading posts that summarize help when you need details.

Hotled - you should google swype and check out the demo video. I got a moment b/c of the slide keyboard b/c I hated the virtual one. But sometimes I you might not want to slide it out so . . .

Then I was in love with the HTC V keyboard b/c it reminded me of my q9c and had predictive text. Then came Swype and it swept me off my feet. No pecking each key, just sliding. It's so much faster. You have to train it a bit, but it's worth it.

14. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

I honestly thought this thread was about 2.1 and how it was supposed to fix all of our problems :p

15. kbearmoney

Umm, why did you think that about this particular thread? What problems are you having b/c I'm sure somewhere in this forum there are solutions.

16. The111

The111 Well-Known Member

He probably thought that about this thread because the title is cryptic and not actually a good summary of what's inside the thread.

17. kbearmoney

Actually, anyone that takes a second and hover on the title would see that it's about swype before clicking on the thread. But seeing how 2.1 is dominating the forum, I can understand the confusion.

18. marquisdee1018

marquisdee1018 Well-Known Member

I'm not going to lie, when I first tried swype, I hated it. It just didn't feel right to me. But I decided to give it another try. For some strange reason, it works for me this time. Maybe because I don't think about where I have to type. Now I love it.

19. NewAndroidUser

NewAndroidUser Active Member

Any chance of an updated version of Swype? My version is apparently expired. :(

20. marquisdee1018

marquisdee1018 Well-Known Member

Mine just did it today. I don't know what I'm going to use now. I guess I'll go back to swiftkey:(

21. edp

edp Well-Known Member

yeah, does anyone have a different version? this is the one i had, that expired :(

22. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

Link Removed.

Thanks OfTheDamned for coming to this board and visiting - it's nice when a mod comes by once every two months.

Edit: is it okay to have curse words in your username? **stirring pot**. :p

23. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

The distrbution of Swype except from the developers themselves is illegal.

It is against our policy here at Android Forums to allow posts, links or even mentions of how to obtain applications not intended for public use. This includes paid and free.

Android Forums is a strong supporter of the developer community as well as the legal system and we take things of this nature very seriously.

24. globalninja

globalninja Well-Known Member

Good thing I signed for the beta before it closed lol

25. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Oh, we are here a lot more often than you think. You guys just behave most of the time so we don't really need to post that often. ;)

My name only has a curse word if you use it as one. :D

BTW, you guys might not have to wait to long for the official version.

Want Swype? (yes, you do) – Get It Tomorrow For Android Phones