Better visual appearance with ICS?Support

1. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

I noticed this & thought it was just me admiring my shiny new ICS update, but my Wife brought this up to me as well.

Does anyone else notice that the display looks, well, better? Text looks crisper, videos look better, and even a comic I read on my phone just seems to look better. I'm not sure if it's more crisp or the color are better.

Anyone else notice a visual improvement? Anyone know why?

Thanks,

~ ArmyX

Advertisement
    ked0607 likes this.
  2. I have to agree with you, everythings looks alittle better. My messages appear more crisp and clear. It may be the change in color scheme though.
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I still need to do the update, but did the system font change??
  4. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

Early, I'm not entirely sure what is different. My wallpapers look better, the font/text is easier to read, and all my images/comic books look better. The color in the images even seems better & the lines on characters/objects seems more defined.

You know I'm no expert and I thought it was just me, but then my Wife spoke up about it too.

~ ArmyX
    EarlyMon likes this.
  5. Corpse11

Corpse11 Well-Known Member

Yes, the system fonts have changed to whatever font ICS uses lol

I think this has alot to do with everything looking crisper.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  6. bowhunt2005

bowhunt2005 Active Member

To me it does look a bit better but what I noticed is some of the buttons and fonts seem bigger. Idk if that's why they look clearer or not though.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  7. 84guy

84guy Well-Known Member

The old font wasn't designed for higher resolution, 800x480 and above(read that somewhere) but ics font was. Thats probably what everyone is noticing
    EarlyMon likes this.
  8. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

even the clock up on the top notification bar has changed.. also.. some of the applications have updated, to a cleaner look.. i like it.. new gmail is awesome..
  9. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Haven't seen it (ics) yet. A brand new Evo 3D arriving tomorrow.

My Palm pre has been doing good so far. :)
  10. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

I wouldn't expect ics to be already loaded on but it may be who knows?

On the other hand if official 3d ics is like the stock ics roms, not much to look at. (I'm very big on appearance lol)

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2
  11. hackzac

hackzac Member

Yeah I noticed this too, looks good
  12. shiggity

shiggity Active Member

I remember one of the previous updates made the page turning between the different tiles smoother which looked so good.

Then in the ICS update, it seems like they made the page turning EVEN SMOOTHER and seamless. Feels responsive, etc.
  13. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Yeah, and JellyBean should make it even smoother yet with 'Project Butter' (A newer device will likely be needed for JellyBean).

[​IMG]