BetterCut - delete shortcutsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. CycloneFever

CycloneFever Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know how to delete shortcuts created with BetterCut? I can delete the ones on the screen (long press, drag to trash), but not those within the application itself. I created a ton of them just trying things out and now my 'edit shortcut' list is cluttered up.

Advertisement
  2. kevhow

kevhow Well-Known Member

I think I know how to fix that. I've been playing around with Bettercut, and it seems any shortcut you build will be added to your home screen in "Home" (in other words, not in Sense).... So you need to switch over to Home and delete the shortcuts off of your home screens.... then you can switch back to Sense, run Bettercut and the shortcuts should no longer be there....

I think this should work for you... I'm not in front of my phone right now to double check...

mia_doa likes this.
  3. CycloneFever

Thanks for the tip. I'm using Sense currently so I'll flip over to Home and check it out.

4. CycloneFever

Confirmed! You are the man kev. Thanks again.

5. kevhow

kevhow Well-Known Member

No problem. Now if only there was a way to get that pesky mail icon to change, my home page would look a lot nicer.

6. RC Addict

RC Addict Well-Known Member

Agreed. That is the ONLY icon that I couldn't change. "One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just does not belong..."

7. CycloneFever

This is the 'standard' mail icon right? Not gmail.

I wonder why you can't change that. Odd. I only use gmail currently so I haven't tried that one yet.

8. RC Addict

RC Addict Well-Known Member

Yes, it's the standard "Mail" icon. I do not know why it won't work either. Afer all, it's just a shortcut. But it for sure does not work...

9. JCUMV

JCUMV Well-Known Member

Bump... has anybody figured this how to change the standard Mail icon using BetterCut? I'm actually having trouble getting the Messages (Text) icon to hold, too. Everything else appears to work fine. I'm using Sense.

10. xx DROiD ERiS xx

xx DROiD ERiS xx Well-Known Member

im using gde home and better cut..any way possible to make a shortcut that when pressed will shut down the phone..when i say create shortcut i FC..glared and non glared icon packs have a nice looking power button..btw 2.1 on the eris is soooo beastly! i love it

11. birdfoot

birdfoot New Member

I have a HTC Desire running on stock rom and I'm using LauncherPro as my default home. What I did to remove the old shortcuts was to:
    - go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications
    - look for HTC Sense and do a "Clear Data" and "Force Stop"

That wipes out all the old icons in Sense home (while still in LauncherPro environment) and I don't see them in BetterCut anymore. Hope this helps Desire users.

*Important! Just wanted to add that this is only useful if you wish to start from a clean slate as any current shortcuts will not be visible in BetterCut (they'll still be on your screen however).