Beware Best Buy PricingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i suggested this phone to my non-tech, first android timer friend, who went to best buy on launch day, 10/10. first one in the door and he said best buy wanted $179.99 for it.

he called me from the store, with speaker on (because his old phone can only do speakerphone), to tell me about it. best buy sales person asked him where he got the $149.99 pricing from. i told him, over the speakerphone, that sprint announced it at CTIA along with sanyo zio and lg optimus s. so, he hung up and best buy changed their price for him.

i can't believe best buy would try to price gouge customers on a phone such as this.

Advertisement
  2. jondiehl

jondiehl Active Member

Yeah, my wife paid $179.99 today as well, but everywhere else has it for $149.99 on a 2yr upgrade, so I'll be taking her receipt in for the discount sometime this week (I'm sure they'll drop their instore price to match it within 30 days anyway, the online price at bestbuy.com is $149.99 too).

3. Jude72

Jude72 Well-Known Member

Amazon.com have the Transform listed as $99.99 for new customers (they don't do upgrades just new customers or buying the phone without a contract). They also currently have free line activation up until Midnight on October 17th.

One thing I noted though is that it says [SIZE=-1]Availability:[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1] Usually ships within 4 - 6 weeks.

Maybe anyone thinking of ordering should call and clarify if that's definitely the case. I can't imagine they wouldn't have any in stock for the next several weeks.
    [/SIZE]

4. tencent

tencent Member

actually quite a few times i have found products at bestbuy 10 to 20 dollars higher priced than their website. They say its a mistake but im convinced it is in fact intentional. However when i do 'have' to buy from them I just make sure i check their site and go straight to customer service before even paying and get them to write down the correct price first.