• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Beware of StealthGuards.

Gink

Feb 14, 2010
Bronco Nation
Based on a few other threads on this forum I decided to go with StealthGuards to protect the Fascinate. Someone mentioned that StealthGuards appeared to be a scam but others disagreed. About 10 days ago I went online and ordred two sets of skins for a total of $4.95. They arrived today but the envelope had been opened and then taped shut and there were no skins inside. I can't help but wonder if this has happened to others.... I just emailed them to ask for a refund and am awaiting their response. Anyone else have experience with this company?

Reactions: saps
Based on a few other threads on this forum I decided to go with StealthGuards to protect the Fascinate. Someone mentioned that StealthGuards appeared to be a scam but others disagreed. About 10 days ago I went online and ordred two sets of skins for a total of $4.95. They arrived today but the envelope had been opened and then taped shut and there were no skins inside. I can't help but wonder if this has happened to others.... I just emailed them to ask for a refund and am awaiting their response. Anyone else have experience with this company?
WOW:eek:
Not good. Looking forward to others reports. I thought some people in here got them

Upvote 0
i got mine, but never have put them on... i have a screen protector on for now that i had bought before. btw- never let a verizon rep put anything on- when I had to have my firts fascinate replaced, the rep took the screen protector off that and put it on this one withoutr asking- and without checking for dust. yeah- he trapped a ton of dust under the protector, and it looked bad and could not be good for the screen. when I left, I took it off and put on a new one. saving the screen protector is not worth hurting my screen- not even just hurting its prettiness.

course, I also spent an hour fighting with him to get replaced...

anyway, back to topic- yes, the stealthguards come in regular white envelope. it would be better if they didn't- but its not a scam. that said- the cost to ship in that white envelope? one fc stamp. the cost they charge for shipping would be spot on if they mailed in a bubble wrap with dc, but is really too much for a white enveope.

Upvote 0
I also ordered 3 times and within 2nd weeks each time I got them. Many guys at work ended up ordering them and also some guys from our dual sport club. Everyone got what they ordered, everyone loves the product and has spread the great word out wider.

I have read many posts whet folks did not even install the guards and they are online saying how terrible they are and that they are throwing them out. The product works as advertised folks, and at a price (shipping only) that sweetens the deal greatly.

No scam. If they screwed up your order, email them and let them fix it. Allow up to two weeks for delivery. No tracking is available as they are sent by standard US mail. Instructions and video are on the SG website as well as on you tube.

Upvote 0

I ordered two sets and received them within a reasonable time. Can't attest to their quality, as I haven't installed them yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones