BEWARE: VW won't cancel orderGeneral

Last Updated:

1. berhart

berhart New Member This Topic's Starter

I went into a VW corporate store (Greenwood Park Mall in Indiana) after canceling service with AT&T Wireless on May 9th to purchase 3 HTC Droid Incredibles. Rep said that they didn't have them in stock so he could overnight them to us. Paid $600 and was provided with the new numbers/receipt and left. Called in on May 12th to check the order status and was told the phones were on backorder. Called store directly on May 16 to cancel order because I could not wait any longer without a cell phone. Was told that they are not able to cancel the order, and that I'd have to wait until I received the phones to refuse shipment. Was told this could take another 2 weeks. They could not even give me a straight answer if I would receive a restocking fee if I did this. Asked for the number of the area supervisor and was told that I'd be told the same thing, and was refused the information.

Called into Verizon Customer Service about the issue. The first Rep told me that I needed to call the store back, but finally got through to someone named Travis. He spoke with his supervisor and said that he'd need to file an ITS ticket. Asked for Store Location Number and Order Number but I didn't have my receipt present, so was told to call back and ask the next Rep to file an ITS ticket.

Called back in and spoke with a Rep named Lee (Rep #47678) and explained the situation. He spoke with his supervisor as he was not familiar with the process of submitting an ITS ticket. Was placed on hold and then he came back and said that when he submitted it gave him an internal announcement message that customers calling in to cancel orders for the Droid Incredible need to wait until they receive their shipments due to increased costs and that the claim would be denied. Asked if I should signup for another carrier instead, and file a claim with my credit card company. He said honestly he thinks I should because I've already exhausted all my options.

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Before anyone else comes up with any smart remarks make sure you read the part where the rep said they would overnight the phones. This person has every right to want to cancel.

Jceinc likes this.
  3. justbrae1

justbrae1 Well-Known Member

I made the first comment, and I'll make another. You ever bought a car by yourself?

4. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your promotion CRPercodani.
    I believe his mistake was canceling his service before he got another carrier. How would he have ported his phone number without having a phone with service? I'm also surprised they didn't offer him another phone in the meantime. I'm sorry, something just doesn't seem right. Not necessarily with the OP but the entire situation.

5. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Please explain.

6. Callahan

Callahan Well-Known Member

That stinks man. Corporate greed at its worst.

7. justbrae1

A car salesman knows he has commission coming, so of course every car you look at will "be the one for you". He has no idea of your credit rating, your needing of the car RIGHT NOW.. nothing. You do 10 hours of paperwork, only to find out the car needs dealer items removed and you won't get it till tomorrow. You fill in the blank spots. It happens every day.. i worked in a dealer's office for years.

Edit: don't take it the wrong way.. but this is a damn phone. If people are going to get all wound up over something so minor in life - WTF are you going to do when you actually have a problem in life?

8. CRPercodani

Some people rely on their cell phones for business.

9. justbrae1

So you condone selling your current phone before having a new one?

10. DenverRalphy

DenverRalphy Well-Known Member

I must agree that the fault would be having canceled one service before the next begins. Kinda goes hand in hand with "Don't quit your current job until you have shown up to your first day of work at the new job."

As well, I'm gonna go out on a limb and speculate that what the VZW rep said was that he'd get the free Overnight Delivery (like they always offer) and not Tomorrow Night Delivery. There's a HUGE difference between the two. I receive packages daily (and quite often multiple packages daily), so I'm well aware the Overnight Delivery only means Overnight from the date shipped; not necessarily the date ordered.

11. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

Whereas I agree a phone is not the most serious thing in life, not having one is a pretty big problem. I need my phone for my job. End of story. My job requires that I be in contact with my CFO and Board of Directors constantly, via email or SMS or voice. If the OP has a job remotely similar to mine (at least in what is required), then this is a pretty serious problem. Now, nothing is really stopping the OP from getting a prepaid phone. Its not ideal, but I would say the DINC is worth it (to me, at least; it is a wonderful phone). Especially if you have Google Voice, which means there is no number switching going on it people's address book.

-Nkk

12. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

I agree, I do. But if you did rely on your cell for business, would you disconnect service before you had another provider? It's a rhetorical question but one the OP should have asked himself before he got into such a pickle. Bottom line for him is to call the CC company and stop the charge. Then he can move on.

13. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

No offense , but those people wouldn't cancel their existing service BEFORE getting new service and a new phone.

When I switched to Verizon, I made the switch, transferred numbers, and made sure my new phones were making and receiving calls. Only then did I cancel AT&T service. In fact, the cancellation happens automatically when you transfer numbers.

If I were the OP, I would go to the store and DEMAND loaner phones until the Incredibles arrive.

14. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Well-Known Member

They would if the contract was up and it was either renew or change carriers. He was probably expecting to get the phones in a few days. I would. Why would you pay another month of service if you are going to cancel? Waste of money. If he didnt cancel and waited and the phones came a few days later...he would have wasted a months pay on that plan.

15. DenverRalphy

Yup, as do I.

However; if I were to change services (which I have done) my old service would not be deactivated until I was ready to activate my new device which I would have "In Hand" ready to activate and initiate the new service.

16. DenverRalphy

That would fall under the category of "Not Planning Ahead".

17. Rippin508

Rippin508 Well-Known Member

This is my only phone for home and work.

18. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

To avoid this exact situation.

19. CRPercodani

I completely agree it wouldn't be a smart move to cancel your other contract before having the new phone in hand. I'm just saying some people rely on their phones more then others.

20. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

If you rely so heavily on the phones for business as has been said, you would never cancel before having the new contract activated and tested. Commone sense should come into play at some point here....

21. CRPercodani

I would still be upset if I was told I would have my phone the next day (3 of them for that matter) only to find out they are on back order.

22. Heelfan71

Heelfan71 Well-Known Member

Especially if you canceled your old service first. :eek:

23. justbrae1

That of course, is agreeable - (the the OP)but to come out and be upset at verizon because there is a wait on the phone you want.. and has been backordered since day one, what do you expect? If the store had no idea if they could even get the phones until July, would you still be upset? You still wouldn't have phone service. You messed up, just admit it.

24. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

I don't buy this story and I call BS.

OP: If in fact I am mistaken, go back to the same store where you made the purchase and talk to the same rep who sold you the phones and get a refund. Feel free to raise a little hell if you have to.

25. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 Well-Known Member

Code (Text):
    1. Bob Barish
    2. Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
    3. robert.barish@verizon.com
    4. One Verizon Way
    5. Basking Ridge, NJ 07920-1097
    6. ph: 908-559-1629
    7. fx: 908-696-2156
    9. Holyce Hess Groos
    10. Vice President & CFO
    11. One Verizon Way
    12. Basking Ridge, NJ 07920-1097
    13. holly.hess@verizon.com
    14. ph: 908-559-5507 (direct)
    16. Suleiman Hessami
    17. Vice President
    18. Pricing & Contract Management
    19. 22001 Loudon County Parkway
    20. Ashburn, VA 20147
    21. suleiman.hessami@verizonbusiness.com
    22. ph: 703-886-2017 (Pam picks up)
    23. fx: 703-886-0116
    26. Jerry Holland
    27. Vice President
    28. CLEC Operations
    29. 175 Park Avenue Rm 125
    30. Madison, NJ 07940
    31. jerry.holland@verizon.com
    32. ph: 973-350-5111
    33. fx: 973-660-1065
    36. Virginia Ruesterholz
    37. President
    38. Verizon Telecom
    39. One Verizon Way
    40. Basking Ridge, NJ 07920-1097
    41. virginia.p.ruesterholz@verizon.com
    42. ph: 908-559-1069 (Diane picks up)
    43. fx: 908-696-2135
    45. Joseph Russo
    46. Vice President
    47. Service Assistance Support
    48. One Verizon Way
    49. Basking Ridge, NJ 07920-1097
    50. joseph.j.russo@verizon.com
    51. ph: 908-559-2266 (Robin picks up)
    52. fx: 908-696-2175
    54. Tom Tauke
    55. Executive Vice President
    56. Public Affairs, Policy & Communications
    57. 140 West Street, 29th Fl
    58. New York, NY 10007
    59. thomas.j.tauke@verizon.com
    60. ph: 212-395-1032
    61. fx: 908-696-2036
    Email them. Also, Laser In On Your "Region President" To Get Verizon Wireless Executive Customer Service - The Consumerist