BFS kernel or CFS

Last Updated:

1. faithcry

faithcry Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

strictly based on battery life, which one would be better with no OC? and what would be the best governor?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

didnt notice any battery difference really but cfs was definitely slower, laggy even. On demand seems to be the best all rounder. IF you can get stability out of smartass, try that but im not sure exactly what how it works.

Powersave is obviuosly supposed to be best for battery, but again it isnt as fast.

OD suits my needs best

3. faithcry

do you find that you get more battery life time out of OD rather than defrost?

4. SUroot

Sorry, I mean "On Demand" governor.

I don't like Open desire. Defrost used to be based on Open desire, but I think since moving to Cyanogen, its much better.

For me Defrost is the best rom. Nothing comes close. Not even Cyanogen on which it is based. Although, obviously nothing would be possible without them, so great respect to them for that

faithcry likes this.
  5. faithcry

true, im running defrost right now, whats your battery like on an average days use?

6. SUroot

Hard to say, but on SVS BFS@ 1152 yesterday, went to bed 14 hours hours unplugged, 2hours 5 mins screen (57% of battery use) and had 36% left. So I sumise from that it would have lasted 21hours.