BGR First Impressions of the NoteGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-09-14 15:27:09
  1. homegeek

homegeek Well-Known Member

BGR just did a first impression on the Note 2 and after reading the first line of the review it is amazing how bias "so called" journalist are and how some people should not be allowed to review products.

Samsung Galaxy Note II hands-on

Advertisement
  2. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

Pointless and worthless
  3. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

He starts off with his negative feelings about the Note then proceeds to say "completely putting aside my opinions on the product in general."......I don't ever expect to read unbiased reviews from this character; especially when it's a review related to an Android products.

On that note (see what I did there) most of anything posted on BGR has been a huge turnoff to me. They give rave reviews for any and everything Apple related while completely doing the opposite for Android. I didn't notice this until switching to Android.

I can't wait til the Note 2 comes to all carriers and Mr. BGR can choke on his iPhone.
  4. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Never read BGR, just heard how awful the site was. And, this article is from the founder? Wow. :banghead:
  6. dlcpa

dlcpa Well-Known Member

I didn't think the review was bad at all. He doesn't like the concept of the larger phone, as many don't, but he got passed it and said very nice things about the Note 2.

I have a question for all of you. When I finally saw the Note a few months ago, I had a smile from ear to ear, after craving it for at least nine months. I never got one because ATT phone service is awful where I live and there wasn't any LTE service. Now I am moving to So Florida and the situation seems to be lots better there so ATT is in play.

After seeing the Note, I saw the S3 and I didn't like the screen at all. It wasn't as easy to read as the Note and well that's it. Now comes the Note 2 which seems to be more like the S3 than the Note 1, as far as the screens. I've heard the resolution is better on the Note 1. It seems that the Note 1 with LTE or Wifi is plenty fast and if I am doing lots of internet stuff readability is more important to me than benchmark speed. So, what else am I giving up by going to the Note 1 that won't be there after it gets Jelly Bean? Camera? Video?
  7. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

My advice, since the Note 2 hasn't hit store shelves yet, wait until it does then physically do a comparison. Your own eyesight of the actually Note 2 screen will help you decide rather than opinions.
    Who knows, because the phone is bigger you may find that you actually like the screen once you have one in your hands to play with.