• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BGR's Droid Review...

You can look at BGR's comment two ways...one it is just boygenius, being boygenius and in his eyes nothing is better than the holy jesus phone. Or the other way, and how I see it. Is that the iphone has a established reputation, a solid platform as far as the phone goes, and a huge customer base. So there is enough room for both phones in the market. And at this point droid alone will not be enough to dip into apples market share. It will more likely draw people away from blackberry, palm, and windows mobile.

With that being said... Hardware for hardware the Droid either beats or matches everything the iphone has. It is going to come down to the OS and the users experience using this phone. I for one think that droid will excel at this. And paired with verizons network only makes it better.

Upvote 0
You can look at BGR's comment two ways...one it is just boygenius, being boygenius and in his eyes nothing is better than the holy jesus phone. Or the other way, and how I see it. Is that the iphone has a established reputation, a solid platform as far as the phone goes, and a huge customer base. So there is enough room for both phones in the market. And at this point droid alone will not be enough to dip into apples market share. It will more likely draw people away from blackberry, palm, and windows mobile.

With that being said... Hardware for hardware the Droid either beats or matches everything the iphone has. It is going to come down to the OS and the users experience using this phone. I for one think that droid will excel at this. And paired with verizons network only makes it better.

Agreed. Just think he should have put it another way. Saleswise it will prob. not be able to compete, but the phone is great enough to compete against the iPhone in beeing the better phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones