BH2 owner now also an HD2 owner...gotta compare both

Last Updated:

1. bangsters

bangsters Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey. I've had the BH2 for myself and my wife for a couple weeks now...but due to my battery issues, and due to the hype on the HD2, I uhmm jumped the bandwagon...now I got both BH2 and HD2...and let me tell you guys both phones are awesome, albeit different. There are stuff that HD2 shines, and there are things that BH2 look exceptionally well.

1. Interface, HT Sense way better than Touch UI. But once rooted, Android outperforms WinMo.

2. Screen. BH2 has amoled...but dang HD2 has a massive 4.3 inch...no questions who gets my vote.

3. Apps. As good hardware wise the HD2 is, BH2 wins this because, well, it runs android. imagine if we have 2.1.

4. battery...one of my main concerns.... HD2 even with faster processor and all, still lasts longer than my BH2.

Overall. both phones are great and the differences are more on the personal feedback and taste. Each holds their own. This means Samsung has done a great job with BH2 hardware wise (I say hardware wise because Touch UI still suck for me).

Lastly, another reason I have HD2 now, is because of exchange compatibility and its ability to work as a wifi router. yes tmobile disabled the app, but it can easily be downloaded and turn this phone into a wireless router for laptops to connect to. I hope we have the same for BH2. Or do we??

Advertisement
  2. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

ehh if it was android ... then we would be cooking with grease.

3. bangsters

yeah i hear ya...i guess both phones are good in their own ways. as for me, sim1 = BH2, sim2 = HD2. BB 8900 down the toilet lol....

any idea if I can get an app for my BH2 for wifi router or sharing? I want my BH2 to act as a wifi router an share its 3g to my laptop and my wife's.

thanks

4. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

They already ported android to the other HTC win mo phones, I'm sure the HD2 isn't far behind.

5. bangsters

oh when that happens i'll be first in line to try it....IMO WinMO is a bad move for HD2 lol.... even at half cpu speed, BH2 outperforms it somewhat...

6. chadmd23

7. bangsters

yeah i saw that post. says video is laggy....besides, i would prefer android if possible.

for now, i'm just trying to find a wifi router app that would allow my behold 2 to share its 3g with 2 laptops via wifi. i have pda2net but it's not cutting it for me lol...

8. chadmd23

You can tether with one laptop and set up an ad hoc network with your wifi connection (and share internet) to connect to the 2nd computer.

9. Exaqtion

Exaqtion Well-Known Member

Hello cracked screens! Take care of it as if it was a baby.

[​IMG]

They say iphone's screens crack the most? Well it now has competition.

10. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

lol wow... i suppose the bigger the screen, the less structural support you get. Probably shouldn't put this one in your pocket.

11. chadmd23

knock on wood, not even a scratch on my BH2 with just a silicon cover on the body.

12. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Same here and my BH2 has had more than its fair share of drops. Just last week it took a drop/kick/roll about 6 feet on marble and still booted back up like a champ with no scratches on the screen. Now there are a few battle scars on the exterior but that just gives it character. :D

BTW - I don't believe in screen protectors, cases or none of that sissy stuff. IMO it takes away from the beauty of the device. My pouch is all I need.

13. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Depends on your taste in covers but a screen protector of the wrong size will take away from the beauty of the screen. I know this cause I use one of those crappy ass universal screen protector. and a carbon fiber looking case. I get compliment for the phone a friend that works for T-Mobile didn't even notice it was one of their products till I told her. she liked it.... One of these days I am gonna get a fitted screen protector but they are so expensive...

14. bangsters

lol on the screen crack....good thing i've never had that, not on my HD2 or my behold2.... but yeah one day at an apple store, I saw this lady return her iphone for repair and the front was shattered, like it got runover by a car lol....

anyway, i'm starting to get annoyed with this winMo 6.5 OS. I don't even have imap idle lol.... good thing for trusty ol behold2 taking care of my needs... right now HD2 needs to man up on their software side.