Bicycle + Falling and the Nexus One

Last Updated:

1. mkrmec

mkrmec Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all

Today, I was riding around with my bike, doing stupid things with my N1 in my right pocket. Was wearing jeans so the phone was placed more on my hip.

And then it happened.. for some stupid reason my front tire blew when i was going atleast 25km/h. When I was flying I was like: Ohh shitttt :D ... And gues what.. I landed DIRECTLY on to the my right hip where the phone was.

When I came to a few seconds later and said to myself "FFS" the first thought in my mind was: was the phone ok? When I was grasping for air because I got hit to the side and almost couldn't breathe, the ONLY thing I could think about was the horrible cracked screen or worse...

Everything was hurting like crap, I put my phone out of my pocket, it was still in the N1 pouch, every inch/centimeter I pulled out I was praying that it was not cracked or something.

I pull it out and IT THERE WASN'T A SCRATCH ON IT!!!!!!! I felt sooo relieved, I forgot about everything that happend :D hehe

Conclusion: My N1 is a great motivator :D lol

Advertisement
  2. bitxboi

bitxboi Well-Known Member

Moral: Don't tempt destiny twice ;)

3. mkrmec

Will definitely not try too :D

But I since learned to store my phone on the bike's pouch instead of my pockets .. much safer there :D

4. snakeybidder

snakeybidder Well-Known Member

Dont know about anyone else but if i went flying off my bike at 25 mph last thing on my mind would be my mobile phone .........

.......on that note......thinking about it.....id weep a tear pulling it from my pocket.....ssshhhh (im not sad...am i?)

5. improper burial

improper burial New Member

I thought the moral of the story was to buy bubble wrap and make a case out of it so there's no way your N1 can ever be in such a near death incident lol

6. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

25 km/h =/= 25 mph

25kmh on a bycicle is not break-neck speed.
    I keep the phone in my back pouch in the sleeve when cycling (I only bring it for gps tracking), but I'm considering getting my garmin cycling gps holder and mounting it to my handle bars (for some reason my N1 fits the holder perfectly) so I can use my N1 as gps tracker and full blown speedometer :p
    Just have to make sure it's all mounted securely and maybe tape up one end, hehe

7. snakeybidder

snakeybidder Well-Known Member

KM.....O ye.....:rolleyes:

8. opticalshadow

opticalshadow Well-Known Member

yeah i can say this for sure, my N1 can taken a beating and then some, still in mint condition after a year, and thats with no protection other then the fabric phone sleeve it camew with. ive seen tanks cave under less pressure then thins thing has had.

9. mkrmec

25km/h to a dead stop still hurts you know... :)

10. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Howcome I see so many people stating their nexus is a year old now, when it was released in january? :p
    I know it does and you CAN get injured. It's just very unlikely you'll have something of a permanent injury or smth :p