1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

big increaae in battery lifeTips

1. MatIzKool

MatIzKool Active Member

you can do this in stock rom or any custom rom. what i did was disable mobile data and always-on mobile. you go to settings -wireless settings- mobile networks - then disable mobile data. you can just turn it bak on when you need to do something requiring network connection

Advertisement
    :
  2. DerekElensar

DerekElensar Well-Known Member

There are widgets out there that do it too. i keep my always-on mobile data on, but have a widget to turn the main source of my data off and back on. quick and easy! =)
  3. rmrlife021402

rmrlife021402 Member

what widget do you use for that?
  4. DerekElensar

DerekElensar Well-Known Member

I recently switched launchers to "Go launcher EX" and use many of their widgets and apps(Including the GO SMS ones). If you install Go Launcher EX, then I would recommend getting their widget called "Go Switch Widget" which can be found on the Android Market, as well as using their "Go TaskManager" widget, as it's a nice easy way to quickly shut off all those running apps that you dont' want up and running(except for those pesky ones that stay on, like Yahoo! Mail and Facebook, etc.).
  5. epp

epp Well-Known Member

Is there any benefit or drawback to leaving always-on mobile, turned on? I have always had it off, but after a software upgrade, that item was turned on by default.