• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Big issue

the_Victorian

Apr 13, 2014
USA
Hi, the_Victorian here.

So, a few months ago back when I was a complete android noob, i restored a mc1 baseband backup on a mg5 build. I managed to save the phone, but since then, it has had major problems. First off, the phone is convinced it is on sprint. I have reactivated it multiple times, but no luck. Even in hangouts it says "sent from my sprint number". In addition, in the areas where it is supposed to be branded Virgin Mobile, it just says Samsung (like the lock screen and phone info). Both 3g and 4g data work, wich is lucky. The main problem is, reicieving MMS. Sending SMS and MMS work like a charm, but someone sends me an MMS, i get an error like the one attached. My greatest thanks goes to whoever can help me with this.

P.S: this is regardless or ROM baseband. I successfuly updates to nd4 a while a go. I suspect an APN issue...
74edc8dff370a5beb2abdfe921559978.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones