1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

"Big Mobile News" coming 8/22

1. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. jarjar124

jarjar124 Well-Known Member

I'm also curious :) hope its the gnex or sgs3 but highly doubt it. If it is...I'm staying.
  3. Nate456

Nate456 Well-Known Member

Isn't Samsung also going to announce the Note 2 or something like that, that day.
  4. thebryceee

I think they have a conferenxe set up already for the week prior to this. I think they'll be unveiling the note 2 then.
  5. phw8558

phw8558 Well-Known Member

Ahh, nice, ignore my other post if you haven't replied already.
  6. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

My guess would be either the Epic 4G or the Galaxy SII. I don't see an announcement for an LTE phone for Boost or VM this year. Though, to make it "exciting", perhaps they will have Jellybean preloaded.
  7. euphan1555

euphan1555 Well-Known Member

Won't be the s3 since the phone doesn't support WiMAX.It's either a brand new phone or they will officially announce the s2 for boost and maybe a different phone for vm.imo it wouldn't make sense for them to make new phones for boost and vm but who knows
  8. thebryceee

If it's the Nexus im switching, if it's an S2 I'm staying on the evo v.
  9. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

It won't be the Nexus, as the Nexus has LTE.
  10. thebryceee

Just realized released the Nexus as the LTE version, I let my excitement get ahead of me. Probably the S2. Blah.

Edit: Then again, I never thought we'd get a 4G phone.
  11. jekyll919

jekyll919 Well-Known Member

Is it possible that they could announce the nexus s? I never understood why we couldn't have the cdma nexus s anyway. It's old enough, but it's still a nexus, so I'd be happy at around $250 for it. Just being hopeful I suppose.
  12. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

Well whatever it is should be better then the 3D and won't have texting issues.
  13. coco3133

coco3133 Well-Known Member

You never know.....
  14. lifeblows10

lifeblows10 Well-Known Member

Hmm. I now am curious. What on earth could they announce for both Sprint based prepaid carriers? Yes it's a new phone. Is it simply new to us or is it a newer phone? Or is it even a phone at all?
  15. coco3133

coco3133 Well-Known Member

Maybe Samsung is buying VM n Boost and using us as test subjects for new phones ;D
  16. Nate456

Nate456 Well-Known Member

Yes and we will switch to Verizons network and get better speeds.:rolleyes:
  17. jarjar124

jarjar124 Well-Known Member

this........im starting to wonder is it even a phone...
  18. metsfan99

metsfan99 Well-Known Member

The rumor I read is that Virgin is getting the Samsung Galaxy Reverb, and Boost is getting the Epic 4G touch.
  19. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

Maybe we could get the Note? I can dream right? But I wonder how much that would cost...
  20. johnny424

johnny424 Well-Known Member

If you guys really want a good selection of phones you should go with tmobiles prepaid..you buy any tmobile phone you want..the galaxy note...sgs3..one s...gnex..s2..buy a 99 cent T-Mobile sim card...and sign up for a prepaid plan ad low as 30 dollars a month..and enjoy a high end device...with way better coverage and speeds then sprint..and still pay nickels each month
    tube517 likes this.
  21. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

But how much data does that come with? And how much is it after tax?
  22. trippin

trippin Well-Known Member

The problem some people have with the t-mobile plan is the lack of minutes on the high data plan, you get 100 or 200 minutes and a bunch of GB of data, or you can have a bunch of minutes and barely any data.

I'll stick with vmobile and my texting impaired EVO V for now.
  23. thebryceee

I would but I barely use my phone and I still go over 100 mins
  24. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase Guide

Pretty sure its the s2 coming to vm.
  25. schlar01

schlar01 Well-Known Member

I was going to go with TM but they don't have HSPA+ in my area yet and their S3 doesn't support LTE. So that means I need to spend big bucks on a phone that can't support the network they are rolling out in 2013 and I doubt they will roll HSPA+ out to new areas after that.