"Big Mobile News" coming 8/22

1. 24twentysix

24twentysix Active Member

My bet is that boost will get the S2 and virgin will get the note since samsung is going to release a note 2
  2. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

Well we'll find out in 9 hours.
  3. Kamau

Kamau Well-Known Member

I'll sure be glad when they make the announcement so that these "it's coming; 3,2,1" comments can stop.
  4. thebryceee

5. Kamau

Kamau Well-Known Member

Besides, with all the hoopla about this announcement, I just ran across this about T-Mobile.

T-Mobile USA to offer unlimited data service option | Reuters

A new truly unlimited plan with no caps on speed. If I can find a decent dual core processor phone I can use on their network, I'm jumping. I really like this phone, but network coverage in my area for Sprint leaves something to the imagination.
  6. thebryceee

Sprint has been improving here in Vegas. I'm gonna wait til after they roll out Network Vision before I make the jump.
  7. rcsrich

rcsrich Well-Known Member

I just hope it's something good- VM needs to step it up, especially with other prepaids getting flagship Android phones like the S3. I know they still have some of the cheapest plans, but cheap plans will only get you so far if you are only offering outdated/subpar hardware.
  8. Kamau

Kamau Well-Known Member

That's great for a city like Vegas. But my city has a little over just 11,000 people, and the nearest bigger city is South Bend, IN which is 45 minutes away. I'm not counting on the Sprint network to improve anytime soon around here, which is why I'm looking at switching carriers.
  9. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

The best phone, for the money, for T-Mobile prepaid is the Galaxy Nexus. It is dual core (1.2 Ghz) but, better yet, gets the latest Android updates direct from Google and has no carrier bloatware.
  10. rcsrich

rcsrich Well-Known Member

I've thought myself of jumping to T-mobile with the GNex, just have to get over the initial $350 investment. Besides prepaid, you could also do their $50 a month contract plan with 500 anytime minutes and (I think) 2G of full speed data if you wanted roaming. You just get the SIM instead of a phone.
  11. Darkencypher

Darkencypher Well-Known Member

That's what I'm thinking of doing. My friend let me have his optimus T to play around with for a month to decide if I want to split from virgin.
  12. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Quoted for truth.
  13. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

Ok what was announced?
  14. Darkencypher

I'm curious also.
  15. frantik508

frantik508 Well-Known Member

they said it would be at 4pm new york time. I can't find anywhere online though about coverage of the event..so looks like we'll have to wait for whenever they announce it unfortunately
  16. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member

The conference is at 6:30pm EST
    Kahroo likes this.
  17. Darkencypher

Source on that s3 comment? Or is it a prediction?
  18. frantik508

anybody know where can we see/hear the conference? usually for events, you can watch them online. but probably not for prepaid companies...usually just big names like Apple or Microsoft.
  19. StarScream2109

I made a typo :( I'll look to see if it's true though I know metro is getting the SIII
  20. StarScream2109

Virgin has it but not for the US
  21. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

Any way to watch it live?
  22. StarScream2109

I don't think so but I will check for you :)
  23. Dman861

Dman861 Active Member

I don't know if its been brought up elsewhere but Virginmobileusa.com is listing the Samsung Montage as a new PayLo phone.
  24. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

This better not be the big news!
  25. frantik508

haha, that would be horrible if that was the "big news".

6 more minutes apparently.