Big problem after most recent update!!!Support

1. Kman866

Kman866 New Member

So I downloaded the most recent update for the droid X today. Right before I did this though, I logged out of my facebook app and it froze. After it unfroze, I force closed it and used uninstaller to delete the entire facebook app. Here's where things get screwy. After the update, my droid froze again and started *****ing out. It had insanely long load times and wouldn't respond to anything I did. I took out the SD card and it instantly started working again just as it would normally. Is there any way to find out of the card has some corrupted data or something on it that I can remove? I have a ton of pictures and songs on that card that I'd rather not lose (tons of family pictures and such, plus I use all the music on that card to listen to while I drive...) I really need some help with this, and any would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

i recommend this:

1. put sd back in phone
    2. plug phone up to pc
    3. transfer ALL files to a backup folder on your pc
    4. format the sd card
    5. move the contents you backed up back over to the card.
  3. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Mine is doing this WITHOUT the newest update. Actually still on Froyo!. Everything is force-closing. Phone is lagging horribly. All this since yesterday.

DX.
  4. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

still on Froyo? That could be your problem.
  5. bigbadwulff

Was hoping that wasn't the case. Will have to sbf and was hoping not to have to do that.
  6. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

sbfing to gb is not a bad thing, since we have so many gorgeous roms for it
  7. bigbadwulff

YOu can't directly sbf to GB now can you? Or can you?
  8. bigbadwulff

Followed the "sticky" in All Things Root about sbfing to .620. Worked like a charm. Phone came up just as I had it laid out. No more lagging, hanging up, battery pulls, etc!
    Woo hoo!
  9. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Well-Known Member

I have had gallery and recording video problems lately after the update. They seemed related to the sd card. I wonder if there's a connection?
  10. stereoeclectic

stereoeclectic Well-Known Member

i have had some lagging apps since the update.

reboot usually solves it. not sure what's causing it, though.
  11. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

which apps are lagging?
  12. stereoeclectic

stereoeclectic Well-Known Member

mostly the keypad on the browser app, angry birds, and coindozer.

it's not a horrible lag or anything (apps still usable); just something i noticed after the update.