BIG problem: phone total lock on callSupport

Last Updated:

1. jhaquo

jhaquo Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings,

I bought a Desire two days ago, and realized yesterday that, when i call someone, the phone goes directly in lock mode and can not be unlocked anymore.
    The only way to unlock it without pulling the battery, is by hanging up with the handsfree kit. OR if the person i call hangs up. WHich never happens when you call a voicemail for example.

Please, do you know how to fix this, or a way for the phone NOT TO LOCK when i call, or something else, beside turning the phone in at the store(which will be a really long wait :()?
    Regards,
    Jhaquo

Advertisement
  2. UKseagull

UKseagull Well-Known Member

Are you able to do a factory reset, see if that cures the problem?

3. jhaquo

I tried that, with no luck. :(

4. Unfriendly

Unfriendly Active Member

Phone is broken, return it

5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Do you mean the screen goes blank?

Make sure the proximity sensor isn't covered during the call by a case or holder

6. jhaquo

screen goes "black", turns off.
    i courier is coming to pick it up tomorow, its been two days im dealing with customer support of htc, and i am allready REALLY hating them

7. Minrober

Minrober New Member

I have had my HTC Desire for about 6 months now, and this problem just started happening this week for me also. I have no case or screen protector.. (yeah, I know... I'll get to it).... And I have no idea what prompted this to start happening. It makes it impossible to end a call, use any touch tone service or even check my voicemail at this point. I'm frustrated also. Let me know if you find a solution that works for you.

8. Spreethegr8

Spreethegr8 New Member

I had the same problem in HTC Desire C. When the cell is in locked state if I receive a call and attend it I am unable to cut the call. When I press the power button light displays and again goes off. Its because of the scratch guard which is blocking the sensor at top right corner. After I cut the part over that now my mobile realises whether it is kept near ears(display will be off) if took away from ears display will be back so that you can end your call.