• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[**BIG UPDATE 11/26**]Ultimate Battery List with Cases for Extended batteries

rlatjr17

Oct 12, 2012
Just wanted to share this with androidforums's community
Original Thread:[UPDATED Seidio 3500mAH Times]Ultimate Battery List with Cases for Extended batteries - xda-developers

Batteries with price changes will be marked red

***Post links of batteries you would like me to test and compare in this thread. All tests are done under same conditions.***

Extended Battery Times

Hyperion 4200mAH
Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy SIII 4200mAh Extended Battery + White Back Cover (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9300, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i747, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i535, T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung T999,
Hyperion 4200mAH Screen Times 7Hrs 38Min NFC Capable (pictures Included)
Can not use original battery cover
Battery Drain(GPS, 100% screen brightness, Bluetooth, Cpu-Load)
4G was on the whole time
Hyperion Charge Times 4Hrs 47Min
Price $29.99+Shipping on Amazon +90 Day warranty

Anker 4400mAH
Amazon.com: Anker 4400mAh Extended Battery for Galaxy SIII GT-I9300, Samsung Galaxy S3 T999(T-mobile )/ I747(AT&T )/ I535(Verizon)/R530( U.S. Cellular )/L710(Sprint)+ Dark Blue Cover, EB-L1G6LLU: Cell Phones & Accessories
Anker 4400mAH Screen Times 6Hrs 7Min No NFC
4G was on the whole time
Price $16.99+Shipping on Amazon+1 Year warranty

QCell 4200mAH
Amazon.com: QCell Samsung Galaxy SIII X-Life 4200mAh Extended Battery + Blue & White Back Cover (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, Sprint L710, Verizon I535, T-mobile T999, AT&T Samsung I747, U.S. Cellular R530) ***NFC Support for S Beam an
QCell 4200mAH Screen Times 5Hrs 27Min NFC Capable (pictures included)
4G was on the whole time
QCell Charge time from 0%-100% 4Hrs 34Min
Price $21.99+Shipping on Amazon

Seidio 3500mAH
SEIDIO | Innocell 3500mAh Super Extended Life Battery (w/ NFC) for Samsung Galaxy S III
Seidio 3500mAH Screen Times 5Hrs 6Min NFC Capable
4G was on the whole time
Price $74.95+Shipping from Seidio +1 Year warranty

Seidio Amazon Price $58.71+Shipping
Remember to pick the seller as Amazon before you buy so you can return the product if you not are satisfied.
Amazon.com: Seidio BACY35SSGS3-BK Innocell 3500mAh Extended Life Battery for Samsung Galaxy S III: Cell Phones & Accessories

Stock Size Battery Times

**UPDATE**

Anker 2200mAH NEEDS A RETEST
Amazon.com: Anker

Just wanted to share this to Androidforums community since I'm mostly on XDA.
Original Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1843896

Hyperion 4200mAH
http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Exten...ords=galaxy+s3
Hyperion 4200mAH Screen Times 7Hrs 38Min NFC Capable (pictures Included)
4G was on the whole time
Hyperion Charge Times 4Hrs 47Min
Price $16.99+Shipping on Amazon +90 Day warranty

Anker 4400mAH
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Extended...+s3+anker+4400
Anker 4400mAH Screen Times 6Hrs 7Min No NFC
4G was on the whole time
Price $9.99+Shipping on Amazon+1 Year warranty

QCell 4200mAH
http://www.amazon.com/QCell-Extended...alaxy+s3+qcell
QCell 4200mAH Screen Times 5Hrs 27Min NFC Capable (pictures included)
4G was on the whole time
QCell Charge time from 0%-100% 4Hrs 34Min
Price $21.99+Shipping on Amazon

Hyperion 2200mAH
http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Compa...xy+s3+hyperion
Hyperion 2200mAH Screen Times 3Hrs 21Min NFC Capable (pictures Included)
Fits in original battery cover
4G was on the whole time
Price $9.99+Shipping on Amazon +90 Day warranty

QCell 2100mAH
http://www.amazon.com/QCell-Compatib...alaxy+s3+qcell
QCell 2100mAH Screen Times 3Hrs 7Min NFC Capable
4G was on the whole time
Price $9.99+Shipping on Amazon

OEM 2100mAH
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-EB-L1G...s3+oem+battery
OEM 2100 mAH Screen Times 3 Hrs 7Min NFC Capable (picture included)
4G was on the whole time
OEM Charge time from 0%-100% 3Hrs 12Min
Price $24.68+Shipping on Amazon

CASES For Larger Extended batteries
Seidio battery covers fit the Hyperion 4200, Anker 4400, QCell 4200
$14.99+Shipping for the Battery cover from Seidio
Hyperion honeycomb case and the Qcell case fit Hyperion, Anker, QCell extended battery covers but do not Fit Seidio Battery Covers.
Update
Best Protection for Extended Batteries(You will need the Seidio Battery Cover)
$34.95+Shipping
Might cost you a pretty penny.
http://www.seidioonline.com/samsung-...ssgs3xk-bk.htm
Seidio Case(Will only fit with Seidio battery cover)
$29.95+Shipping
You can order just the battery cover without the battery by calling customer service. $14.99+Shipping from my understanding 1-832-204-1118
https://www.seidioonline.com/Product...e=CSR5SSGS3-BK
Seidio Case with Holster
Will update once I test the protection and other little things.
https://www.seidioonline.com/Product...D2-HR5SSGS3-BK
QCell
Better protection than the Hyperion but only 2 color options. But, full coverage screen protectors will get lift with this case. It'll provide better protection from drops than the Hyperion.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i01
Hyperion Honey Comb
Has the most color options but the volume and power buttons are very hard to push. I wouldn't recommend it for protection either, since its very very very thin.
http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Exten...xgy_cps_text_c

Thank You & WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS!:party:

Upvote 0
I've had the 4400mAh Anker battery for a couple weeks now. I like it a lot and, actually, I rather like that the phone is thicker now. It fits my hands better. The replacement back cover is about as slippery as the OEM cover so that was disappointing. I haven't decided what to do about that yet. The version I got is not capable of NFC so there's that to consider. Anyway, with the bigger battery, I feel like the GS3 is actually usable now. Usable enough that I've disabled most power-saving features, ditched juice defender and no longer bother turning radios off. I routinely go 2 days between charges now. Pure standby time is somewhere around 5 days.

Upvote 0
Any protective cases available that are known to fit w/the MUGEN 4600 Extended Battery? When mine is delivered (soon,just departed NYC today),I'll get some measurements on overall thickness & if someone else could do the same w/their extended battery & cover from a similar sized,but,different manufacturer,perhaps we could find one that'll fit the MUGEN 4600.
THX!:D

Upvote 0
Updated with new links and Mods.

Any protective cases available that are known to fit w/the MUGEN 4600 Extended Battery? When mine is delivered (soon,just departed NYC today),I'll get some measurements on overall thickness & if someone else could do the same w/their extended battery & cover from a similar sized,but,different manufacturer,perhaps we could find one that'll fit the MUGEN 4600.
THX!:D

PM me the measurements on XDA because as of right now the best protection you can get is the Seidio Battery cover+Seidio Active Extended case(its going to cost you around $40-$50).

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Updated with new links and Mods.

PM me the measurements on XDA because as of right now the best protection you can get is the Seidio Battery cover+Seidio Active Extended case(its going to cost you around $40-$50).

DONE! Sent PM w/measurements.

For those interested in the overall Front to Back thickness(Face/screen to battery cover): .625"

Same measurement taken @ the edge of the cutout for the camera lens/flash/speaker: .490"

Width of the MUGEN 4600 battery cover is actually less than the width of the phone, so, if nothing else, finding a holster to fit this shouldn't be a problem.

I've got a TPU EXTENDED BATTERY CASE on the way via AMAZON, I'll be back w/the results on the fit of this case w/the MUGEN 4600.

BTW, I didn't get a chance to actually measure the battery itself today,as I'm still conditioning the battery, will post overall dimensions of the MUGEN 4600 BATTERY tomorrow (10/21/2012).

Upvote 0
Any comments on the Gorilla Gadgets S3 extended battery? Its a couple dollars cheaper than Hyperion Battery with slightly larger capacity (4500 mAh vs. 4200 mAh). Has anyone purchased one of their batteries before? How do they compare?

Someone posted in the HYPERION thread that the GORILLA GADGETS extended battery performed better than anything else available & was the one battery that was closest to the stated capacity (4500mAh,I believe was the stated,& measured something around 4400 mAh,not bad at all).

Upvote 0
Any comments on the Gorilla Gadgets S3 extended battery? Its a couple dollars cheaper than Hyperion Battery with slightly larger capacity (4500 mAh vs. 4200 mAh). Has anyone purchased one of their batteries before? How do they compare?

Someone posted in the HYPERION thread that the GORILLA GADGETS extended battery performed better than anything else available & was the one battery that was closest to the stated capacity (4500mAh,I believe was the stated,& measured something around 4400 mAh,not bad at all).

Could somebody post a link. If it looks interesting I might test it. Currently testing the Seidio 3500mAH, Mugen 4600mAH, Onite 2200mAH, and Anker 2200mAH

Upvote 0
Have always been impressed with Seidio'd products, so....

I purchased this Seidio case (CSK3SSGS3XK-BK):
https://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CSK3SSGS3XK-BK&CartID=1

Thinking it would work with these no-name 3500 mAh batteries from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008G0BWJY/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Found out the hard way I was wrong. With the battery cover attached, the Seidio case would not go over the phone.

After reading many forums and being surprised by the lack of extended battery cover cases, I took a chance and..... taaadaa!!

I just removed the battery cover that came with the extended batteries and the Seidio cover fits nearly perfectly. There was a bit of a gap between the interior of the cover and the extended battery.

So, I just placed a piece of foam tape on the inside of the cover and no more gap.

Upvote 0
Have always been impressed with Seidio'd products, so....

I purchased this Seidio case (CSK3SSGS3XK-BK):
https://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CSK3SSGS3XK-BK&CartID=1

Thinking it would work with these no-name 3500 mAh batteries from Amazon:
Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S3 III GT-i9300 - 3500 mAh Extended Capacity Li-Ion Battery + White Back Door - Works with all Carriers: Cell Phones & Accessories

Found out the hard way I was wrong. With the battery cover attached, the Seidio case would not go over the phone.

After reading many forums and being surprised by the lack of extended battery cover cases, I took a chance and..... taaadaa!!

I just removed the battery cover that came with the extended batteries and the Seidio cover fits nearly perfectly. There was a bit of a gap between the interior of the cover and the extended battery.

So, I just placed a piece of foam tape on the inside of the cover and no more gap.

I did write the Seidio Active Extended only works with the Seidio battery cover in my first post so people dont make that mistake.

Upvote 0
Wow, just the type of thread I was looking for.

Decided to get the Seidio active and was trying to decide if I wanted the extended battery or not. Was going to get a portable charger instead... actually, I'm thinking this might still be a decent solution as most days I am at my desk and can charge then, or I'm in my car using the charger.

However, that Hyperion battery looks like an amazing value. Never heard of them before so I'm going to start looking at reviews and such. Might go ahead and get the active for extended battery and get an extended back cover with it. [edit:... duh, the active extended case comes with the extended cover...]

Now I need to decide what I'm doing with this other battery. Keeping it charged somehow as a backup seems like a good idea. Vault still seems like a good idea too. Looks like I got some more reading to so in my near future. Thanks for the post!

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if the Gorilla Gadgets 4500 extended fits inside the Seidio extended cover? Batteryreview.info website indicates that it tested at 4550mah and is the highest among the S3 extended batteries.

I'd rather go with the GG battery and Seidio Extended Active combo if the battery fits.

Upvote 0
Looking to buy an extended battery. Deciding between the hyperion 4200 mAh and the gorilla gadgets 4500 mAh. Just wanted to know if this case would fit with the gorilla gadgets battery

Amazon.com: QCell Samsung Galaxy SIII Extended Battery TPU Case Black - Only Compatible with QCell Galaxy S3 Extended Battery: Cell Phones & Accessories

I know that it fits with the hyperion but i'm leaning towards the GG one especially since it's on a sale. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if the Gorilla Gadgets 4500 extended fits inside the Seidio extended cover? Batteryreview.info website indicates that it tested at 4550mah and is the highest among the S3 extended batteries.

I'd rather go with the GG battery and Seidio Extended Active combo if the battery fits.

It will fit inside as I am running this exact setup. With one catch; the extended battery back that comes with the GG battery will not fit under the Seidio case, nor will most any other as the Seidio has a unique shape to it. HOWEVER!! You could do what I did. I bought another stock phone back off ebay and dremmeled out a square in it so that the battery may poke through. You don't truly need another stock back but I got one just in case I ever wanted to go back to stock battery, sell, etc.. With the GG battery and dremmeled back, the Seidio case will fit like a glove. It also looks nice through the holes because I have a stock looking blue back. Some people have reported that the extended battery backs cause flash halo's in their pics because of the added depth and reflection. Keeping a stock back in place avoids this too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones