• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[**BIG UPDATE 11/26**]Ultimate Battery List with Cases for Extended batteries

It will fit inside as I am running this exact setup. With one catch; the extended battery back that comes with the GG battery will not fit under the Seidio case, nor will most any other as the Seidio has a unique shape to it. HOWEVER!! You could do what I did. I bought another stock phone back off ebay and dremmeled out a square in it so that the battery may poke through. You don't truly need another stock back but I got one just in case I ever wanted to go back to stock battery, sell, etc.. With the GG battery and dremmeled back, the Seidio case will fit like a glove. It also looks nice through the holes because I have a stock looking blue back. Some people have reported that the extended battery backs cause flash halo's in their pics because of the added depth and reflection. Keeping a stock back in place avoids this too.

So the GG battery won't fit inside the Seidio extended door? I don't care about the GG cover and will use the Seidio cover if it works. Just trying to clarify that I only want to use the GG battery.

Upvote 0
So the GG battery won't fit inside the Seidio extended door? I don't care about the GG cover and will use the Seidio cover if it works. Just trying to clarify that I only want to use the GG battery.

Yes, the GG battery will fit under the Seidio extended battery phone case. Seidio makes a back that will fit under the case but you have to buy the battery too. I tried to get them to sell me the back without the battery but they didn't understand.

Upvote 0
Yes, the GG battery will fit under the Seidio extended battery phone case. Seidio makes a back that will fit under the case but you have to buy the battery too. I tried to get them to sell me the back without the battery but they didn't understand.

When I had my MOTOROLA PHOTON, I actually called their U. S. headquarters in HOUSTON, TX. & they said they would sell me a battery cover for $14.95

Might be worth a shot.

Upvote 0
When I had my MOTOROLA PHOTON, I actually called their U. S. headquarters in HOUSTON, TX. & they said they would sell me a battery cover for $14.95

Might be worth a shot.

Seidio will only sell the back covers as special orders via the customer service number. I tried to find out why since it does come up on the website (without image or add-to-cart) and was told they just prefer to sell them with the Innocell batteries only. That doesn't mean they won't. Just a bit of hoop-jumping. It's worth it for the GG extra capacity.

Wonder if the will be any modders out there adding the wireless charging coils to extended battery doors? I know it would take a long to time recharge and probably only be worth it after the initial conditioning is done through plug-in, but being able to "top off" while working or sleeping wouldn't be a bad thing

Upvote 0

Might be worth a shot.

I actually tried this and I had a really difficult time making them understand. They thought I wanted a new back so they said I needed to do an RMA online. I told them I just wanted to purchase a battery door, no returns. When I finally got them to understand, they started asking why and whatnot. So I just said forget it, if you don't want my money, your loss. I knew that a stock door would fit under anything so long as you cut out a slot for the battery. So I found one on ebay for a lot less, did my own cut which was super easy and it all worked out. In hindsight, I'm actually glad I went this route. The phone feel super solid and other than the battery sticking through that you can't see, there aren't any gaps or space that a larger back would have made. I'd be happy to share pics if anyone wants.

Upvote 0
This one is being delivered to me today. Seemed to be good value.

EZOPower NFC Extended Battery w Cover 4000mAh for Samsung Galaxy S3 s III | eBay

Got this case and awaiting battery to try.

Samsung Galaxy S3 s III i9300 Extended Battery TPU Case White New Design | eBay

I have that exact EZO battery as well. I just wanted a little extra juice which is why I switched to the GG. The EZO worked awesome, no complaints at all. It's a great battery for sure.

Upvote 0
I actually tried this and I had a really difficult time making them understand. They thought I wanted a new back so they said I needed to do an RMA online. I told them I just wanted to purchase a battery door, no returns. When I finally got them to understand, they started asking why and whatnot. So I just said forget it, if you don't want my money, your loss. I knew that a stock door would fit under anything so long as you cut out a slot for the battery. So I found one on ebay for a lot less, did my own cut which was super easy and it all worked out. In hindsight, I'm actually glad I went this route. The phone feel super solid and other than the battery sticking through that you can't see, there aren't any gaps or space that a larger back would have made. I'd be happy to share pics if anyone wants.

Wow, I guess this proves it all depends on who you end up talking to on the other end. I was on the phone for maybe 5 minutes total & they knew exactly what I was wanting & were ready to take my order @ that time.

I wasn't 100% happy w/SEIDIO, because they sold an extended battery for the PHOTON, but, no case to fit it. This was in no doubt for the fact that the PHOTON wasn't exactly the best-selling phone & probably wasn't profitable to make an extended battery case.

SEIDIO no doubt makes great products, but, this half-hearted effort for the PHOTON left a bad taste in my mouth & I've looked elsewhere for my battery/case needs.

Upvote 0

Some pix of your battery door modifications & the battery case that you're using would be cool.:D Hope to see them posted soon.

Upvote 0
Some pix of your battery door modifications & the battery case that you're using would be cool.:D Hope to see them posted soon.

Sure! Here's some pix of my setup. I can easily put any extended battery in my phone with this setup. I can also swap my battery out without taking off the phone back so if I carry an extra extended battery (I do) I can really pack a lot of power. The cuts aren't perfect but since it's an extra back and you can't see it, I didn't go for perfection.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    599.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    646 KB · Views: 136
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    537.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    688.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    715.8 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0
I don't have my GS3 yet (thanks Sprint), but the Gorilla Gadgets battery-door-gel case combo fits into the Seidio clip without the phone with plenty of room. It should easily work once the phone's inside. The white door with clear gel case looks pretty close to OEM quality and color.

If you don't care about the kickstand and plan to leave the phone inside the cover most of the time, it's probably just as effective to just get the Seidio extended clip and use it with the Gorilla Gadgets items. The "metal" clip on the Seidio cover really isn't metal. The sprint inside it is, but the clip is plastic. There's a metal spring that makes the clip work, but that hardly gives Seidio license to sell this as "with metal kickstand."

I'll probably keep it because there's no other suitable kickstand option, but just note that Seidio falls short in this area.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Hyperion 2200mAH
Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy SIII 2200mAh Battery (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung L710, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung I535, T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung T999, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsu
Hyperion 2200mAH Screen Times 3Hrs 21Min NFC Capable (pictures Included)
Fits in original battery cover
Battery Drain(GPS, 100% screen brightness, Bluetooth, Cpu-Load)
4G was on the whole time
Price $11.99+Shipping on Amazon +90 Day warranty

is it okay to put this battery in because it says its a 3.7v and my battery is a 3.8v

Upvote 0
So I just thought I would share some of my recent battery stats.
I am using an EZOPower 4000mAh battery at this time. Funny enough, I have also been using a Gorilla Gadgets 4500mAh battery and it's not nearly as good as my EZO. Very odd to me.
Anyways, as you can see, I can hit over 110 hours on a single charge! I could have pressed further but I needed to recharge. That's less than 1% drop per hour! 2hrs, 10 min screen time. Now I'm typically a lighter user but I do have very heavy days. (I work from home) Most of this current shot was a LOT of texting, a few phone calls, some browsing and some Play store. One of the big things that helped for me personally was the Screen Off and Lock app, allowing me to shut off my screen with a single tap, not wearing down my power button. Plus it has shutoff animations which I like. I also have google now run only when I want it too. I sync a couple emails throughout the day, but no facebook or twitter. I could care less what people are doing or eating right now! I also have all the Samsung sync apps disabled, most of the phone bloat disabled and google music disabled. Funny thing about google music, I had heard it can be a battery drain so I disabled it. But I can go into it from time to time and it's running, so I force close it again. Odd. I'm not rooted nor running any battery defender apps. I'm in a regular 4g area, not LTE but I was in LTE range for a little while on this last charge. I don't turn off my data and only use my wifi when downloading apps.
So there you have it, not trying to throw it in anyone's face, just wanted to share what my phones doing. I kinda have my phone in On-Demand mode rather than always on. Obviously I'm a light user but when I do go heavy, my setup still holds strong.

qAKZT.png

Upvote 0

may i ask if the GG battery come with the GG back cover, will it fit with seidio extended battery phone case? or should i used seidio back cover too?

Upvote 0
may i ask if the GG battery come with the GG back cover, will it fit with seidio extended battery phone case? or should i used seidio back cover too?
The GG battery does come with an extended back plate cover but it will not fit with the Seidio extended case, different shape. You should be able to call Seidio and request to buy a back plate only, costs around $20 bucks shipped. I wouldn't buy it with the battery as obviously you wouldn't need it and user longcat on here doesn't recomend it. I personally spent about $4 bucks on ebay for a stock replacement back, dremmeled out a square hole for the battery to poke through and put the Seidio case over it.

Upvote 0
The GG battery does come with an extended back plate cover but it will not fit with the Seidio extended case, different shape. You should be able to call Seidio and request to buy a back plate only, costs around $20 bucks shipped. I wouldn't buy it with the battery as obviously you wouldn't need it and user longcat on here doesn't recomend it. I personally spent about $4 bucks on ebay for a stock replacement back, dremmeled out a square hole for the battery to poke through and put the Seidio case over it.

FYI, the GG back cover does fit into the Seidio Extended Clip. I used the GG battery, back, and case with the Sedio clip so that part works. The GG back and case combo did not work with the Seidio Extended Active case though - different shapes/contours.

The GG battery + Sedio back-Active Extended case-Extended clip combo works really well. It's no longer the slim S3, but it makes it easier for me to handle. I only charge the GG battery on Mondays and Fridays with an average of 90 mins of music streaming, 30 mins of calls, 100-150 texts, and 60 mins of surfing every day. The only thing that seems to really wipe out the battery (stock or extended) to me is LTE, using GPS, and streaming Sprint TV on 3G.

Upvote 0
FYI, the GG back cover does fit into the Seidio Extended Clip. I used the GG battery, back, and case with the Sedio clip so that part works. The GG back and case combo did not work with the Seidio Extended Active case though - different shapes/contours.

The GG battery + Sedio back-Active Extended case-Extended clip combo works really well. It's no longer the slim S3, but it makes it easier for me to handle. I only charge the GG battery on Mondays and Fridays with an average of 90 mins of music streaming, 30 mins of calls, 100-150 texts, and 60 mins of surfing every day. The only thing that seems to really wipe out the battery (stock or extended) to me is LTE, using GPS, and streaming Sprint TV on 3G.

Another bit of FYI,FWIW:

For those that have the GG BATTERY(or,just the battery cover),2 standard size batteries will fit snugly,w/only one being operative,of course.
Just thought this might be useful for those who want to charge the GG extended battery externally & are in possession of 2 standard batteries,as an easy swap will net the same result as the GG 4500 battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones