Big Yellow DotSupport

Last Updated:

1. Oldsig

Oldsig Member

I picked up a One V on sale at Radio Shack last week. I had my existing T-mobile phone number ported over to it and I began setting it up with a few apps, my contacts, etc (my first android phone). At first, I did not notice the Big Yellow Dot towards the upper left corner of the screen

Advertisement
  2. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member Developer

Are you sure it's not an icon? If not, I would take it to another Radio Shack and swap it out.
  3. Oldsig

Oldsig Member

Thanks. I cannot post anything right now but the yellow dot really stands out while reviewing pictures of someone near a white background. I just checked and it is not an icon. I wish it were though. If I return it to Radio Shack for another One V, is a “factory reset” the best way to remove my personal information off the phone?
  4. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member Developer

Yes, it is.
  5. Oldsig

Oldsig Member

Leslie Ann, Thank You for all of your help! Bob
  6. jaman29

jaman29 Well-Known Member

The problem lies in the case you used. I have two friends who i convinced to buy this phone and the same issue. You used a snap on plastic case for the phone didnt you? I would return it, because even if it did go away it would still bug me that it happened. But even if you dont, yes, it does go away. My friend cannot see the yellow spot at all anymore. Stick with a tpu or silicone case for this device. Hard cases do not work well because of the chin. I know you said the case did not make the spot worse, but it will with time. Dont use the case you got.
  7. bren5666

bren5666 Member

Is there a reason you think a hardcase is creating a problem? I'm curious because I recently put one on my phone.
  8. los panda

los panda Well-Known Member

just a shot in the dark but i think it may be putting the squeeze on the phone/screen
  9. jaman29

jaman29 Well-Known Member

That's exactly it. The hard cases don't fit exactly right. I've seen this twice with a hard case. And I'm not sure why a hard case does it, but after seeing that dreaded yellow dot,I wouldn't want to risk it.