Bigger = Better?

Last Updated:

1. anthonygobot

anthonygobot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After Steve Jobs made the ill comment about phones being to big to hold. What do you guys think? I personally love the size of the DX (the gf is showing interest in the Dell Streak). So what do you guys think? Will/Should phones go bigger than the DX or 5" Dell Streak?

Advertisement
  2. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I think the Dx is a good size not to big and i dont have huge hands at all. At first before i got to hold it i thought i wouldnt like it but it feels great you cant really tell how big it is the way they designed and distributed the weight

3. WordofDJ

WordofDJ Member

I love the size. It's thin enough to allow for the extra screen space (which I love).

4. One Beast

One Beast Well-Known Member

3.5 inch is pathetic now....My 4.3 is great and i could go for 6...:cool:

5. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I agree 3.5 is pathetic but idk about 6 the size of the X seems good and anything larger would be too big IMO

6. One Beast

One Beast Well-Known Member

I wouldnt mind carrying around a phone with 6inch Amoled screen.......One day someones gonna take it over the top

7. kprst6

kprst6 Active Member

For the size the graphics are horrible compared to an iPhone 3G. It's not worth the tradeoff.

8. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

Graphics? What do you mean?

9. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

for the hype of all iphones, being stuck in a box for 4 years is not worth the trade off. I would rather use a sidekick than a iphone.

10. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

Well if Jobs says that, it must be true, right? /sarcasm

11. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

"the device is not broken, and you dont need a bumper guard to utilize it reliably. Here are your free bumper guards. The device fairs better than the pos eris, but i wont test the evo or droid x as reference"- Master sheep herder

12. Theeulogy

Theeulogy Well-Known Member

I love the size, will make football games watchable during College season while not at home. I am a big guy with really big hands, bout time i got a phone that fit my hand. It is thin enough that it fits my front pants pocket better than the old HTC slider phones.

13. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

IMO the screen is the perfect size! Not too big, not too small. I hit less buttons in error while typing and the display is gorgeous for apps/games/etc. I've had an iPhone for 2 years and I always keep it in my left front pocket. X goes in the same place and with it being as thin as it is, it really does not feel like I have anything larger to lug around (insert dirty joke here....pervs :p) lol

14. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

try out backbreaker. i like it :)

15. schizrade

schizrade Well-Known Member

Different sizes suit different applications. Jobs is nuts.

16. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

The 3g is 166 ppi and the DX is 226.

syntrix likes this.
  17. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I dont think bigger is better. Cuz some ppl will have size issues.

Bigger has its advantages like most ppl already mentioned.

The X surprised me at fitting in my pocket....lol I read where some ppl had issues with that. Its longer than the average phone, but it doesnt push out of your pocket when sitting down. Someone was afraid of that happening.

And I had room for other things to fit in my pocket, thanks to the X being thin and narrow.

Graphic are not horrible. Like the pics on the X isnt horrible. Some phones might be better at some things. Thats fine. But it isnt that bad to say its horrible.

Like someone thought the X took bad pics....until they wiped off the lense....

And comparing to the iPhone 3G....really? The X is horrible to that? I woulda accepted the iPhone 4.

18. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

I think for the general population 4+ inches might be a little big. I don't think this phone will sell 3 million in 3 weeks like the iPhone 4. That being said, I love the size. I think the 3.5-4 inch screen is probably the sweet spot for the masses, but, who really just wants to be another face in the crowd?

19. lilcal70

lilcal70 Well-Known Member

i love the droid x screen its amazing..i hate apple & iphone fanboys always putting down our droid devices which are superior in comparison..ha the screen is no issue & the phone is in no way too big i love androids& i love everything about the droid x :) coming from a wackberry storm 2 i couldn't be happier

20. Shuck14

Shuck14 Active Member

Its perfect for me, but i have really big hands.

21. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

That has nothing to do with the screen size, iphone sells 3 million in a couple of weeks because it is the iphone. It could be a piece of crap and still sell, I could honestly see the iphone selling even if it had troubles holding a call, oh wait!:D

22. bobomatic

bobomatic Well-Known Member

OK.. i think its big...but, would i throw it to the curb? HELL NO! its a smartphone, anything can make a call...so go buy a 50.00 phone... loving it so far....

23. xenocide

xenocide Member

In my mind the DX is the perfect size. It's the largest I'd go without thinking it was just a downplayed underpowered tablet ;p

24. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Please!... no larger than 4.3" PLEEEASE! lol This screen is already huge and on the limit of being a bit too large for my hands. I can't imagine having a 5" screen around. Steve Jobs was completely wrong when he said that no one would buy a phone with a relatively "massive" screen size. Take the look at the sales of the EVO and Droid X. We'll also have to see how the sales are for the Galaxy S lines (which will be difficult due to the late launch of Samsung Fascinate). Stevie is going to regret that comment, I believe. What else can he really do with the screen? Has he essentially reached the highest point? The only thing that I can see him doing now is making the screen size to 3.7" for next year or even perhaps 4".

25. Helicrewchief

Helicrewchief Well-Known Member

Not anything...remember you have to hold it a certain way.