1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Bigger Icons on Home Screen

1. kopkiwi

kopkiwi Well-Known Member

Not having much luck with this.

For some reason the icons on my home screen are stupidly small.

How do I get them to a more legible size?

Their dimensions are currently 256x256, which I only just noticed :eek: but they come out smaller than 48x48 on the home screen.

Advertisement
    :
  2. kopkiwi

kopkiwi Well-Known Member

There must be something? I have seen countless home screens with large icons.
  3. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Hmm. I think FolderOrganizer may let you add app shortcuts as widgets, and ADW Launcher will then let you stretch this widget to a dimension of your choice.

You'll have to give up Sense for that, though.
  4. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Sense on the Desire has a standard box size for an icon. If the one you have chosen doesn't fully fill that box size then it may be that there is some blank space around the picture which is showing as transparent on your screen.

I suppose you could try editing the icons using photoshop or something to make them fully fit the box. Probably easier to just choose something else. There are loads to choose from on these sites:

Browse icon sets | Search and download free icons
    Browse Icon Packs - FindIcons.com

I tend to go for the 128x128 size although someone on here said that was too big but the next size down (64x64) didn't look as good.
  5. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

The Desire uses 80x80 icons I believe, at least in its unedited Sense UI form. As mentioned they are probably too small as there is blank space around them in the file - You'll have to crop them down in photoshop if you want to make them bigger, but it's a fair bit of work unless you create an action to do it.